Noisy Filipinos, Why Is It………..

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am just wondering what sort of noise we will here on August 1st, Dumaguete seems to be hell bent on Defiance on helmets.lets hope the noise is not gunfire. That is one noise i really do want to forget.

:tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Noisy fillipino, thats me. After spending most of my life in the US. living in quiet hoods, when i wasnt traveling. and never seeing my neighbors, i welcome the sound of the lowly trike driver that has no muffler ,the annoying roosters crowing their lungs out all day and night. and that half starved dog down the street ,yapping its brains off. The ear piercing sound of the kids playing in the streets. And the occasional drunk singer eating the kareoki mike. Its the way it is. Also having a private beach house retreat in the province where there are no neighbors also helps. A spoiled Pinoy ej. cheersty.gif

Hey Pare,

Yep, that's the way it is......when you got it, might as well flaunt it! I have also observed (listened) to
other cultures speaking their minds from all the world and get blasted by their loudness, especially
their opinions. Some provinces, like Batangas are well known to be boastful.  Of course, the sound

barrier is broken when alcohol is involved.

Hell, you should hear me passing gas (and I proud of it).....he, he.

With ear plugs and gas mask -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 3

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I have learned to accept the discos that go for 3 days near my place over festival weeks and then a day later the neighboring resort on the other side does the next 2 days. Then after you finally think you have peace they start this but now with karaoke blasting even louder than the disco but through blown speakers, it is enough to drive you feekin crazy unless you accept it, buy some good ear phones and have a taste for sitting in restaurants down the road for most of the day and night while you wait for your home to be peaceful again.

What I find really strange though even more than that and like I pointed out to my girlfriend the other day was when we stopped on the bus for a tea break the cafe had their stereo blasting so loud also through blown speakers that no customers wanted to even sit down and eat as it was so loud you had to cover your ears? Another one was when we were once on a ferry and my Filipino girlfriend got a shock when the distorted and blown loud speaker suddenly started up with some man yelling something over the loud speaker that no one could ever understand, even the boat crew I'm sure. It was so freakin loud even my girlfriend had to cover her ears.

I also bought a small stereo once in a hi fi shop. I asked the salesman to play some of my USB music so I could test it. He turned the volume up to the very max and then turned on the stereo and of course you hear the speakers crack, I said thanks but I don't want it now as you have probably just blown the speakers....

Have you even sat towards the front of a bus? Be very careful as the horn that they keep beeping is way past the decibels for making a person deaf and even worse for you if you are on the road as a pedestrian or in a vehicle when the bus goes past and beeps it's horn as you now have less hearing than before....

If you ever wonder why over 90% of Filipino people are deaf then this is some of the reasons.

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

The Philippines has to be the loudest country in the world. The people are loud and they enjoy making loud noises any time of the day or night. Why they do it, I'm not sure. I doubt they even know.

• Like 3

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Coz volume is free, hehe

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

That's a bit odd to me. I understand the noise from karaoke and roosters and disco but when it comes to voices, I hear Americans louder than any other nationality.

Some (not all!)

thank you .............. i thought i went in at a wrong door ................. :mocking: :lol:

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Orientals are so very noisy and harsh and talk about Volume,

I think that is because they speak Cebuano dialect and not Ilonggo ..... thank you sir you helped prove my point ..... my asawa is IIonggo but she speaks Tagalog mostly but she also can speak IIlonggo but she has been away from her home for some 25 years ......

in cebu there is a standing joke that ilonggos when they fight - and they say, i will kill you (and really intend to) but their voice sound have no anger at all but be sure to keep an eye where that knife lands ...............

• Like 5

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Today they tend to teach Filipino and not Tagalog??

Tagalog is the language most from filipinos in Luzon areas. FILIPINO/PILIPINO is the national language not tagalog. Filipino the language, is composed of 80% tagalog dialect and the rest of the 20% is from various major dialects majority of which is cebuano.

• Like 2