Noisy Filipinos, Why Is It………..

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
2. Lack of discipline

thats the nearest answer as most filipinos are juveniles ................

have you seen them in groups or when they meet up abroad?????????????? you bet - LOUD!

• Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
2. Lack of discipline

have you seen them in groups or when they meet up abroad?????????????? you bet - LOUD!

I have to agree as I live near a resort and the social gatherings of large groups booking in for a day or 2 are always full of people yelling and screaming but I then think of fellow aussies, the bogans abroad and they can make pinoys look like saints :) you know the ones waving flags with a beer bottle in one hand ;)

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2. Lack of discipline

I have to agree as I live near a resort and the social gatherings of large groups booking in for a day or 2 are always full of people yelling and screaming but I then think of fellow aussies, the bogans abroad and they can make pinoys look like saints :) you know the ones waving flags with a beer bottle in one hand ;)

Hey Adventurer,

We have our own bogans too! A long time ago, I had the pleasure of meeting one of your fellow

Aussies in Perth. Although I could barely understand his heavy Australian accent, I bought him

another round of beer: post-686-0-27443200-1343307275_thumb.jpg

Later I had my vision test done and pass with flying colors: post-686-0-11150400-1343307496_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

you found the right place Jake, if I was looking for an aussie abroad I would head to any bar wth beer ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

You do have some "rights" against NOISY neighbors but with the risk of........ its best that most of us dont do anything and just smile

How ever I found a article from DEAR PAO that could be of use to someone who "wants to try to solve" their problem thru the "system" who knows it may work for us.

Dear PAO,

Good day, Attorney!

I have this neighbor who always have drinking sessions and makes noise until the wee hours of the morning. I tried to file a complaint against him before the barangay but he uttered bad words against me.

He bragged about his connections with the barangay here in our place.

Is it okay if I go directly to the police station to get a certificate to file action against him?

Do I have to bring my mother as my witness in going to the police station?

Thank you and God bless you!

Very truly yours,

Charis

Dear Charis,

As a general rule, under Section 408 of Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991, the lupon of each barangay shall have authority to bring together the parties actually residing in the same city or municipality for amicable settlement of all disputes. An exception to this is found in Paragraph © of the said law which provides, to wit:

“SEC. 408. Subject Matter for Amicable Settlement; Exception Thereto. - :

x x x

© Offenses punishable by imprisonment exceeding one (1) year or a fine exceeding Five thousand pesos (P5,000.00);

x x x”

It is then incumbent upon us to know the crimes and the penalties corresponding to the crimes which your neighbor might have committed in order to determine whether the same may no longer be submitted for possible amicable settlement before the barangay lupon.

The act of your neighbor of making unnecessary noise in the middle of the night may amount to a crime of Alarms and Scandals under Article 155 (4) of the Revised Penal Code which provides, to wit:

“Art. 155. Alarms and scandals—The penalty of arresto menor or a fine not exceeding P200 shall be imposed upon:

X x x

4. Any person who, while intoxicated or otherwise, shall cause any disturbance or scandal in public places, provided that the circumstances of the case shall not make the provisions of Article 153 applicable.”

The imposable penalty for the above-mentioned crime is imprisonment for a period of 1 day to 30 days.

As to the utterance of bad words to you by your neighbor, this may also amount to a crime of Slander or Oral Defamation in accordance with Article 358 of the Revised Penal Code (RPC) which provides, to wit:

“Art. 358. Slander.—Oral defamation shall be punished by arresto mayor in its maximum period to prision correccional in its minimum period if it is of a serious and insulting nature; otherwise the penalty shall be arresto menor or a fine not exceeding 200 pesos.”

Whether the offense committed is serious or slight oral defamation, depends not only upon the sense and grammatical meaning of the utterances but also upon the special circumstances of the case, like the social standing or the advanced age of the offended party (Victorio v. Court of Appeals, 173 SCRA 645 [1989]; Balite v. People, 18 SCRA 280 [1966])

If the crime is considered as grave or serious slander, the imposable penalty is imprisonment for a period of four months and one day to two years and four months. If it is only slight oral defamation, then the imposable penalty is imprisonment for a period of one day to 30 days.

While it appears that if the crime committed by your neighbor is grave oral defamation wherein the maximum imposable penalty is more than one year, and there is no need to go to the barangay for amicable settlement, we still deem it necessary for you to bring the matter to the barangay for possible amicable settlement.

This is because the gravity of the crime committed against you is not for you to determine. It is the prosecutor or the judge, as the case may be, who will determine the crime committed based on your allegations in the complaint you are to soon file against your neighbor.

Furthermore, it is worth mentioning at this juncture that it is only the barangay lupon which can issue a Certification to File Action in the event that the parties to the complaint filed before them cannot come up with a viable settlement.

Thus, you have to file your complaint against your neighbor before the barangay first. If no amicable settlement is reached between you and your neighbor, you can ask for the issuance of a Certification to File Action for you to be able to institute the necessary criminal and civil actions against your neighbor.

Once you have the said certification, you can now file a complaint against your neighbor before the proper Office of the Prosecutor. You may ask your mother to prepare her affidavit to support your complaint.

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/dear-pao/28414-possible-charges-against-noisy-neighbor

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Beachboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMHO .. it's a cultural thing. Northern Europeans (English, Scandinavian) are quiet .. Southern Europeans loud. South Americans loud. Japanese quiet, Koreans loud.

Another funny cultural thing is "social distance" -- the "comfortable" distance between you and the person you're talking to. In Northern European culture it's about 3 feet. Anything closer feels intimate. In Micronesia, where I worked for a while, it's a foot and a half. At first, when I talked to people they'd always move closer and I back away. I thought they were weird; they thought I was strange. After a while, I learned to "go with the flow" but it never got comfortable. On the plus side, Micronesian are quiet talkers .. maybe that's why they stand so close :hystery: .

It's interesting to see some regions of the Phils are loud; some quiet. I think it's good to remember that people are not trying to be hostile by talking loud (most of the time!). Solution seems to be earplugs or moving the Illocos Norte :cheersty:

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You should be 3 feet away from someone, speak quietly, and don't make eye contact.

I have no idea where I picked that up - I'm from Texas where everyone is loud, insists on eye contact, and there is way too much hugging.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

One thing I noticed here is that Filipino men love to stare at YOU but get peeved if you stare back ...... now with women it is different .... if they stare you can stare and smile back and all is well ..... :thumbsup:

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing I noticed here is that Filipino men love to stare at YOU but get peeved if you stare back ...... now with women it is different .... if they stare you can stare and smile back and all is well ..... :thumbsup:

And this is when the Mrs is with you?

:mocking:

• Like 1

sqylogin
Posted
Posted

If you folks think Filipinos are loud, you haven't heard tourists from mainland China :)

• Like 2