Noisy Filipinos, Why Is It………..

Americano
Posted
Posted

A few months ago I went to Hong Kong for one week. I didn't hear anyone yelling and screaming like I do in the Philippines every day. I'm woken up early every morning, at dawn, by loud people in my neighborhood.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm woken up early every morning, at dawn, by loud people in my neighborhood.

Woken Up?? You actually sleep.? In the Area we are in just now, I think they sleep in Shifts. Seems there is always at least one house throughout the night, still awake. With music,TV Family Arguments. Sunday was a Cracker, Karoeke at 7.15am :no: just Not Cricket I say :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

One thing I noticed here is that Filipino men love to stare at YOU but get peeved if you stare back ...... now with women it is different .... if they stare you can stare and smile back and all is well ..... :thumbsup:

And this is when the Mrs is with you?

:mocking:

Absolutely thank god my asawa is not one of these jealous types I've read so much about on the boards and I would never ever give her a reason to doubt me ...... no need to I'm extremely happy with the lady I have ...... I did all my experimenting years ago ..... :thumbsup: ...... she will even point out what she considers attractive looking women ..... but I've told her I would never let her pick out a woman for me ...... her tastes and mine are a bit different ...... :hystery:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
realdeal43
Posted
Posted

I lived in the Dominican Republic for the last 5 years and I cannot believe the similarieties between there and the Philippines.If you transposed the name of each on the other you would not be able to tell the difference.The only noticable difference is the women.Filipina are in another class altogether from DR women.I think the thing about noise that irritated me the most was with automobiles.Everyone who owned one had a sterosystem that cost as much as the car and the volume was always wide open,plus street venders who owned trucks had loud speakers which could shake a building.When people gathered anywhere the volume was incredible because everyone had to talk louder than his neighbor.I should feel right at home there hahaha.

• Like 4

tiger31
Posted
Posted
Have you even sat towards the front of a bus?
yep i found that out to my dismay last week all the way from bacolod to cebu it done my head in never again lol
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not sure if i posted this before or not but if so ..... sorry ..... I have found that it is more a region thing rather than a cultural thing ..... Cebuanos can be some of the noisiest as they tend to speak in VERY loud tones .... Filipinos from other Islands speak using rhyming tones or very softly ..... people from Manila tend to be very noisy ..... maybe due to the noise of Manila ..... some Island people speak like machine-guns and all of them at the same time .... I have no idea how they understand each other ..... and that is one of my pet peeves ..... I can't stand it when you are talking and someone else just starts right up talking as well ..... I will normally just say a bit louder ..... "I'm not done talking yet .... you will get your turn" ..... or in some cases just turn and walk away .... that really p*sses some people off ..... but to me interrupting some one is just plain rude and there is no excuse for rudeness ..... IMHO ...... :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I agree that it is regional. In Marinduque, you hear the rhyming tones, and the demeanor is generally sedate (even the gay ones). My wife also remarked that she heard absolutely no cussing while we were there.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mike mentioned the word rude which is another subject but being very loud like many Filipinos are is also rude. They are even loud when they know you are sleeping. If that is not rude then what is?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Our friends get up at 5 am and go to bed at 9 pm, and the problem neighbors are the opposite, almost.

I want to sleep late, so for me it would be the early neighbours being the trouble :hystery:

I plan to try to solve it by having no neighbours within hearing distance :)

Cebuanos can be some of the noisiest as they tend to speak in VERY loud tones .... Filipinos from other Islands speak using rhyming tones or very softly ..... people from Manila tend to be very noisy ..... maybe due to the noise of Manila ..... some Island people speak like machine-guns and all of them at the same time ....

Examples of GOOD places, please :) to get to know good alternatives.