Noisy Filipinos, Why Is It………..

Americano
Posted
Posted

My wife and I like to sleep late too but every morning starting at about 5am people are outside our bedroom window talking loud and yelling about something. I guess when they are awake they think everyone is awake. Its very rude and stupid in my opinion.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Examples of GOOD places, please to get to know good alternatives.

3.000mtrs up a mountain comes to mind Thomas. :) jolking apart my friend, In varying degrees, they are all the same, a noisy BUT lovely race of people, I think it is going to be one of those Grin and Bear it Situations. Being as isolated. as you mention you intend to be, may bring, alternative problems ie; Security, Amenities, Hospital, Police,/ Fire Department. Internet(Cable) and Electricity and the Good old Sari Sari Store. just my opinion Thomas.

:tiphat:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
to me interrupting some one is just plain rude and there is no excuse for rudeness ..... IMHO ...... .....

Mike, these 2 (two Words, Interrupting and Rudeness, will be found, Nowhere in their vocabulary, Sad to say but Even Bob :) , will find this out, when he lands on this ole Turf :unsure: . They are rare words, even rarer than Sorry!!

I was trying to locate a post from one of our members about his audio recording of his loud neighbors

and then played it back while they were sleeping. Of course the volume was dialed up to max!

May I suggest that you secretly invite the neighborhood tanod or better yet, the barangay captain to

act as a witness. This way, you will eliminate your word against theirs. When all else fails, use the

psychological warfare above. It worked on Noriega in Panama -- he finally left his sanction because

he could not endure metal rock blasting from US Army's gigantic speakers.

Give them a taste of their own medicine but proceed with caution. Be prepare for some retribution.

But hey....that's just me.

Lock and load -- Jake

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Give them a taste of their own medicine but proceed with caution. Be prepare for some retribution.

I omitted a few details in my post above about the recent situation. Our "good" neighbor did this to the bad neighbors for a while. Since they were night owls and would keep her up, at about 7-8 am after she got the son off to school, she would crank the music up and blast the 'bad" neighbors! They have a heck of a system too, and it really blasts, without distortion. Generally speaking we don't mind because we like her music and knew what she was doing! The vampires surely were woken up!

An update since the confrontation. We have had two quiet nights. Last night my GF went out and told them to keep their voices down, and they did. Everything seems cool for now.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Last night my GF went out and told them to keep their voices down, and they did. Everything seems cool for now.

Wise move ..... my asawa does the same and although it just gripes me to no end to have to let HER do it I know damn good and well NOT to get involved with things like this ..... sometimes like the other day I just have to bite my lip and walk away (but not to far) leaving her to lambast them ..... but always with in protective range for her ..... :thumbsup: .... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Examples of GOOD places, please to get to know good alternatives.

3.000mtrs up a mountain comes to mind Thomas. :) jolking apart my friend, In varying degrees, they are all the same, a noisy BUT lovely race of people, I think it is going to be one of those Grin and Bear it Situations. Being as isolated. as you mention you intend to be, may bring, alternative problems ie; Security, Amenities, Hospital, Police,/ Fire Department. Internet(Cable) and Electricity and the Good old Sari Sari Store. just my opinion Thomas.

:tiphat:

I plan to try to get a long land with the short side connecting to a concrete barangar road with electric poles there with just forest/hills(/mountains) around with no people living close. I have found some such places in mountains in west Bohol. I suppouse some in the NorthEast hills too. A kilometer or so from village, so children can go there by themselfes when they become 7 or so.

Get a guard/production worker living at the connection to the barangar road, put the production just inside that. My house most far away from the road (=around 300 meter). So not so far to electric connection. Own well.

Yes, Internet will be a problem. I will try to make it open towards mobile Internet pole, and get an antenna reciever making the signal strong enough. I HOPE they have improved it when I move there, so I can get 2.5 MB download speed so I can look at streeming webTV. But I don't expect it :)

No need of a close sarisari, because I plan to have a small own garden, refrigirator and freezer.

What Amenities?? If I manage to get a lake/damm/calm river beside my house, then I don't miss anything more than Internet :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

My wife and I like to sleep late too but every morning starting at about 5am people are outside our bedroom window talking loud and yelling about something. I guess when they are awake they think everyone is awake. Its very rude and stupid in my opinion.

Ah but lets think about this. Rude in western culture but not in Filipino culture so where is the actual problem stemming from. My opinion is from the values or way off life that one has been brought up with so if you were born a Filipino my guess you would yelling, playing loud music without even considering there would be someone unhappy about it as its the normal way off life for them.

You are right Boss Man, but ignorance is not an excuse for bad behavior. Everyone is responsibility for their behavior. You can't blame it on how you were brought up. Serial killers try to do the same thing.

Early this morning my neighbors had a new treat for me and my wife. Right at day break there was a pig outside my bedroom window making a very loud and awful squealing noise for about 10 minutes. I don't know if they were slowly torturing him to death or just breaking all of his legs but he sounded in terribly pain until he was finally heard no more. That was very rude and barborlistic in my opinion.

• Like 3