Training Your Filpino Partner

TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife learned to fetch my coffee in the morning and the mail in the afternoon. But she refuses to stay or sit when I tell her too. She does heel quite well though. In fact, a little too well. I always have to look behind me to make sure she's following along at an acceptable distance.

Jake
Posted
Posted

You guys are awesome! In this particulate topic, pros and cons can easily be harsh in supporting either side.

As you guys can see, most of the posts are very personal with humorous anecdote. I like that!

Thank you guys -- Jake

sjp52
Posted
Posted

you can do it to some extent but it takes a lot of

perseverence and lots of patience. pick your lessons wisely as you will only get a few shots at it. They can be stubborn in their filipina way. i have changed my wifes way of thinking on a few subjects, So it is possible, But I lose most of the time.

• Like 1

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

You train your filipina partner using the reward system. Tell her what you need. Give her money. She will say: Yes honey.

She will train you using tears, stubbornness, silent treatment and much more emotional manipulation than you can possibly imagine. It may take her 10 years, but she WILL train you. At least that is what I see in about 95% of relationships as I look around

Only if you let her. I won't / don't tolerate such crap. If two people are in a relationship, it should be as equals without having to play games with each other's emotions. Perhaps this is the reason I am NOT in a relationship at the moment, because I can't put up with juvenile crap as someone tries to manipulate me.

• Like 1

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

I fail to see the furor over the OP's post. Except from those that apparently allow their wives and GF's lead them around by the nose. My "last" wife needed to be trained in western ways. She had never used a washing machine, oven, microwave, never drove a car, never had a bank account, never had enough money to be concerned about saving anything. With "training", she went from being a 2nd world shrinking violet to a western world rose. Too well in fact as after a few years in the US she became the very thing I loath, a western woman. So I fired her.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I fail to see the furor over the OP's post. Except from those that apparently allow their wives and GF's lead them around by the nose. My "last" wife needed to be trained in western ways. She had never used a washing machine, oven, microwave, never drove a car, never had a bank account, never had enough money to be concerned about saving anything. With "training", she went from being a 2nd world shrinking violet to a western world rose. Too well in fact as after a few years in the US she became the very thing I loath, a western woman. So I fired her.

I think you have answered your own Question then

• Like 1

KanoJoe
Posted
Posted

Funny, but I never asked a question.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I fail to see the furor over the OP's post. Except from those that apparently allow their wives and GF's lead them around by the nose.

Funny, but I never asked a question.

????????? Your failure to see, is the Question.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I fail to see the furor over the OP's post.

???

What furor? : furious or hectic activity b : an outburst of public excitement or indignation : uproar ·

I actually had to look that up but nope, saw none of that in this thread until your post.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I am sure that all of us who grew up in a western culture at one time or another have heard about the nature of the Asian Woman. Submissive, obidient, quiet, shy, willing to please, thrifty and a home body. Mine was all of those. Until that is I bought her a set of SHOES and a MICROWAVE. Life has never been the same since. :bash:

:hystery:

• Like 5