Training Your Filpino Partner

bunny
Posted
Posted

spank her! hahaha. i'm kidding, of course.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

A very good point Joe ..... when in Rome do as the Romans do ...... well with in reason ..... I refuse to become corrupt .... :hystery:

• Like 4

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Ok i'm gonna tell it like it is, my wife is stunning and was a model of everything you want in a women, but she was a single parent, shunned by her family because she was a brilliant student who got knocked up etc.... when she met me suddenly she became talk of the town, all her relatives suddenly came back,(to borrow money etc) and all her credibility returned, we had a great relationship but as i was wealthy i just let her do what ever she wanted and slowly she's deteriorated until she's a shadow of her former self or at least the one i fell in love with,

The moral of this story is... money and materialism corrupts, whether your Filipino or westerner, so be warned, we also need to realise that filipinas are not attracted to us because we are old or we have dazzling personality's or rapier wit's, it's because we offer them an out clause from the poverty trap, if you think otherwise your fooling yourself,

Happy hunting hehe.........

• Like 5

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

"most foreigners who have this particular Problem have caused it themselves"

"Not me",

Just a warning that no matter who you are, if you have sufficient means to just allow your asawa to do as she pleases it will corrupt her, and if your thinking this is sour grapes coz my wife doesn't love me any more your so wrong, my wife loves me to death, however the feeling is no longer mutual, Ah i knew honesty would be my undoing... back to the salt mines i gues hehe...

• Like 3

shiredevon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah another attempt at honesty falls on stony ground.... hehe

Edited by shiredevon
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
"Not me",

:unsure: Course not, it is always someone else' s fault, i have a 13 year old that tells , me this.!

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Ok i'm gonna tell it like it is, my wife is stunning and was a model of everything you want in a women, but she was a single parent, shunned by her family because she was a brilliant student who got knocked up etc.... when she met me suddenly she became talk of the town, all her relatives suddenly came back,(to borrow money etc) and all her credibility returned, we had a great relationship but as i was wealthy i just let her do what ever she wanted and slowly she's deteriorated until she's a shadow of her former self or at least the one i fell in love with,

The moral of this story is... money and materialism corrupts, whether your Filipino or westerner, so be warned, we also need to realise that filipinas are not attracted to us because we are old or we have dazzling personality's or rapier wit's, it's because we offer them an out clause from the poverty trap, if you think otherwise your fooling yourself,

Happy hunting hehe.........

With all due respect Shiredevon, perhaps a little more time and soul searching during the courting process would have given you more insight into her true character, which by the way I am not questioning, I am only responding to your post.

I also firmly believe that the majority of Filipinas just as all wives truely love their husbands. Yes, we do offer many of them an escape from poverty but the same can be said of any country. I am not wealthy, so I cannot comment on that aspect, but I can say that both my wife and I budget and spend as we choose while always trying to stay within our spending limits and in our 12 years together it has not been a problem. Sure, sometimes we excced our spending limits and then have to correct our errors.

I think the idea of unilateral control in any area of a relationship can only lead to deceit and dishonesty. Finally, I think money and materialism are NOT the cause of corruption. The cause of corruption is character or lack thereof.

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)

As you are so free to give gems of wisdom and post your private life in an open forum, may I also be so blunt to say that your wifes values is rather screwed as she is just as equally culpable as you are!

Sure, she got as you charmingly put it knocked up but she wasn’t rape was she???????? Or was she underage when she got pregnant (?!) Regardless, she was in her full faculties when it happens. She might feel shunned but I doubt it very much if she was, as the social mores in PI has drastically changed since the past 30 years. Me think, more like her ego was heavily dented and she was having a hard time coping from falling flat in her face. And how did she salvage her ego???????? By making sure everyone knows she is again back at the top of the pecking order. Not a wise move for marriage don’t you think?

So you have money and were indulgent with her. Then you are as equally culpable in leaving yourself open to abuse. The saying, there is no fool ……….. comes to mind. As you rightly said most women irrespective of race/colour not just Filipinas might indulge themselves if they have a carte blanche to spend as if there are no tomorrows. You were not just indulgent; you were corrupting whatever values your wife had. From where im standing, you are both a train wreck waiting to happen – or as you admitted, it happens.

A persons intrinsic value doesn’t changed as it part of who they are – its merely influenced by external forces. And if the person has not much character to start with, theres not much character to destroy – merely a case of how soon …………….

So the morale is really is to be sure within yourself of your definition of marriage is the same definition as your lady – that you are both singing from the same hymn sheet. If you are happy to play daddy and content for your wife not to pull her weight then you’ve got no one to blame but yourself if things go awry? You reap what you sow!!!

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 4