Our Daily Bread

jojones
Posted
Posted

Took me a year of serious bread cravings to get over it. Now I just go with the flow and eat the standard wheat bread sold everywhere (in green bag).

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I bought a raisin loaf in a Cebu bakery once but took it back because it did not do as the name suggested. False advertising I screamed. :89:

Tom! Don't you know Raisin Bread won't raise if you put it in the bowl with your Corn Flakes and Milk?

:mocking:

Well I did put some with my cornflakes but found all I got was a comparison of prices, (some wont know what I talk about here,) lol, But anyway I Email Jake and ask, what you know about Raisin Bread, he reply's with,

No Knead to know. :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Imagine . . coming to the Philippines and not being able to get bred

• Like 3

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Imagine . . coming to the Philippines and not being able to get bred

Going native are we? :blonde:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You have to temporarily forgive poor Dave ..... he has just gone through a terrible ordeal with dogs and puppies so I assume that word bred is still on his mind ..... just saying ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

The bread here sux gardenia is the only option in Carcar . All the local bakerys make the same sweet heavy crap . Which I don,t understand because when most local try gardenia bread they agree its much better than there local bread . I have the better halfs family hooked on sandwichs they never made them before but now they love them

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have the better halfs family hooked on sandwichs they never made them before but now they love them

Well these days the western countries put potato chips or fries in sandwiches so maybe rice sandwiches could be the next craze. :)

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted
I have the better halfs family hooked on sandwichs they never made them before but now they love them

Well these days the western countries put potato chips or fries in sandwiches so maybe rice sandwiches could be the next craze. :)

bahahahaa I,m sure I could make a rice sandwich that will be a big hit hmmmmm franchise rights available soon :lol:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well these days the western countries put potato chips or fries in sandwiches so maybe rice sandwiches could be the next craze.

Don't laugh .... it very well could happen .... the other day my asawa was caught eating rice ... noodles and bread ...... she just smiled and said ....."oooops caught" ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok... I admit it! I don't usually buy potato chips so on occasion and if I get the urge, I will pick up a bag if it is on for a good price. Since I love spicy food, barbecue would be obvious choice. But some are sooo bad that i would want to toss them in the trash than eat them from the bag. Back in the "70s I got the idea of putting them into a peanut butter sandwich and yes! It was actually quite good! Now I am sure lots of people had done this before me but I had never heard of this before. I even got my mother liking them about 10 years ago... hehe!

:mocking:

• Like 1