City Vs Province, How Satisfied Are You In The Province?

MikeB
Posted
Posted
MikeB #3: Happy to see that you 'Overall much happier here', although I doubt if I would stay sane there, without foreigner friends and more to do. Do you any hobbies to fill your day ? Yes Cebu city really drain the wallet, and hang out at the malls daily, gets boring. 'But if I was single I would still be doing it' = so I guess I stay in the City then (?) but I miss going to the beach daily.

You can always get married and move to the province, Andy lol. Sometimes things just happen, I guess it's meant to be. Hobbies? I jog a couple miles between the rice fields most mornings before it gets hot. I bought a car recently so I can do more exploring. Hire a driver for trips to the city though. I have a 21 speed bike that I shipped from the US and plan to start riding; motorbikes are out for me but probably a lot safer here then the city. I like nature more then anything, the main thing I miss about the US is all the wildlife I saw living in Florida.

• Like 3

billten
Posted
Posted
Carcar has a simple hospital but a good one 30 minutes by ambulance (south general) As for Doctors we are blessed to have Dr.Regis in carcar a top notch surgeon in the US for 40 years head of the dept in a major hospital . he is retired here and basically donates his time at his practice (10 to 12 and 2 till 4) A better Doctor I have never met a great man IMO

Agreed. Big props for Doc...

Braddo
Posted
Posted

We live in the province 45mins from Cebu when we are over there, we have a house in Asturias we go to the city a couple times a month to do different things but love living in the province things are just that bit slower and people a bit more friendlier i find

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)
Shopping is another reason, I find it hard enough to find things I need in the city, so how do you manage when you live far from the city?

Without prejudice, this is why we love Dumaguete, we live in the province 10 mins from the City. best of both worlds. I do wish more of you would try Negros OR or OC, both, have these Provincial Cities that really do make that Difference. :thumbsup:

:tiphat:

Thank you Jack. I found a photo on internet from Dumaguete, can you confirm that this beach promenade are located in Dumaguete city? I love to have a walk near the sea, so this looks ideal for me. What can you tell me about this area, and the city in general? :th_thanx:

post-1686-0-60677500-1344753907_thumb.jp

Edited by CebuAndy

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Shopping is another reason, I find it hard enough to find things I need in the city, so how do you manage when you live far from the city?

Without prejudice, this is why we love Dumaguete, we live in the province 10 mins from the City. best of both worlds. I do wish more of you would try Negros OR or OC, both, have these Provincial Cities that really do make that Difference. :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. I found a photo on internet from Dumaguete, can you confirm that this beach promenade are located in Dumaguete city? I love to have a walk near the sea, so this looks ideal for me. What can you tell me about this area, and the city in general? :th_thanx:

post-1686-0-60677500-1344753907_thumb.jp

Hi Andy, there was no attachment so I can't tell you if it was or not. I have attached a piece about the area and the boulevard so you can have a read, to me it is really the centrepiece of Dumaguete. Hope you or anyone, can get a feel for it from the photos :) also attached is a write up about the city in general.

https://www.google.c...iw=1352&bih=525

http://www.godumaguete.com/

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Andy the Photo was very late appearing. It certainly is the Rizal Boulevard. I think you will come across it again in the ones i sent.

:unsure: :tiphat:

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

A million thanks Jake P :thumbsup: . I needed some time to find that pic and attach, my fault. :bonk:

Great links you provided, :icon_GreatJobKao: and the city look really nice.

I also found a hotel near the Boulevard, just to my liking http://www.lakadpili...el-nicanor.html

so I might send you some PM later and ask more, if you don't mind.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A million thanks Jake P :thumbsup: . I needed some time to find that pic and attach, my fault. :bonk:

Great links you provided, :icon_GreatJobKao: and the city look really nice.

I also found a hotel near the Boulevard, just to my liking http://www.lakadpili...el-nicanor.html

so I might send you some PM later and ask more, if you don't mind.

Been there, done that. Its got everything you are looking for except, maybe, girls.

There are girls there, for sure, but they don't seem as interested in foreigners as girls in Cebu or other places. Perhaps its because there are a LOT of foreign men in Duma. The ones who seem to enjoy it most already have a partner. Remember, I'm not saying you can't find a girl there, but that kind of thing is much easier in other places. (There are many college girls around but they don't seem to be looking for the same thing as Cebu girls.)

• Like 1

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the input Dave.

I was thinking - find a girl on another island - but live in/near Cebu (food/shopping) - preferable near the sea (and some distance from family) :lol:

Photos from Dumaguete was what I like, but the sosial aspect you mentioned, might/might not be a deal braker.

Where would you recommend?

• Like 1