City Vs Province, How Satisfied Are You In The Province?

Curley
Posted
Posted
Electric production unit price around 3000 USD for motor and generator, but need some more parts. Information says 220 V, 17 hp. I don't know what that mean in Amphere or Watt, but it's biger in size than the common fuel driven units, which cost much less to buy.

Is that a price in the USA or in the Phils? Usually these things are much cheaper in the USA. I would guess that it's probably around 15 Kw if it's USA price.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Getting electricity from a generator is a very expensive method, solar panels ? Wind power? Years ago I had no electricity but used my generator very sparingly because of the cost of the diesel. I had a 12 v lighting system, gas fridges and learnt to live accordingly.

Yes. The one 3000 can use things like firewood or waste, so the cost depend of how cheap/expensive such can be got. Sp expensive for many, but I can get the energy from waste material (or veg oil) which I can get from own production.

Electric production unit price around 3000 USD for motor and generator, but need some more parts. Information says 220 V, 17 hp. I don't know what that mean in Amphere or Watt, but it's biger in size than the common fuel driven units, which cost much less to buy.

Is that a price in the USA or in the Phils? Usually these things are much cheaper in the USA. I would guess that it's probably around 15 Kw if it's USA price.

The one I looked at need to be imported from an other Asian country. (If I buy any, I can buy it at the same time I buy a production from around there.) One kost a bitg less than 3000 USD and a biger cost 3900. Plus need some more parts.

Now I have checked what hp means in kW

1 hp = 746 watts so 17 hp = ca 13 kw.

So it cost much more to buy, but is cheaper in the long run compared to the common ones, for them who can get access to cheap firewood or other things to burn.

Curley
Posted
Posted (edited)

Getting electricity from a generator is a very expensive method, solar panels ? Wind power? Years ago I had no electricity but used my generator very sparingly because of the cost of the diesel. I had a 12 v lighting system, gas fridges and learnt to live accordingly.

Yes. The one 3000 can use things like firewood or waste, so the cost depend of how cheap/expensive such can be got. Sp expensive for many, but I can get the energy from waste material (or veg oil) which I can get from own production.

The one I looked at need to be imported from an other Asian country. (If I buy any, I can buy it at the same time I buy a production from around there.) One kost a bitg less than 3000 USD and a biger cost 3900. Plus need some more parts.

Now I have checked what hp means in kW

1 hp = 746 watts so 17 hp = ca 13 kw.

So it cost much more to buy, but is cheaper in the long run compared to the common ones, for them who can get access to cheap firewood or other things to burn.

My experience with Gennies is that the better quality you buy the better it will run and last... they don't have a huge lifespan and the cheaper ones soon lose output. You can also buy generators that run on LPG which is commonly available in the Phils

Edited by Curley
  • Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i ve enjoyed this subject it brings up the subject im interested in can anyone tell me more on danoa my gf works there at mitsumi she stays there during week. how is it to live there . the pro and cons . i m leaning towards wanting a place not in city but a short drive away withaccess to necessities

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Danao is only a half hour drive from the city in good traffic. Triple that in bad traffic, no joke. My opinion is that its a sh&thole but I know other foreigners who live there. At least there are a couple of nice swimming pools in the area.

In short, it would be at the very bottom of my list of places to live in Philippines. Much higher up the list are the neighboring communities of Carmen, Catmon and Compostella. You just gotta go there to get the feel of it.

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks for the come back i figured id have to check the pace out i ll be doing that in april. i figure i ll spend aweek there, and get a better feel for it . i was just hoping it would be a decent place to concider i heard there might be a good xpat bar there, i m only going to get 3 wks this time around. thank you

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

i ve enjoyed this subject it brings up the subject im interested in can anyone tell me more on danoa my gf works there at mitsumi she stays there during week. how is it to live there . the pro and cons . i m leaning towards wanting a place not in city but a short drive away withaccess to necessities

Nothing to do in Danao for expats A couple nice resorts and a Great fish port to eat at are the high lights . My biggest problem with north of Cebu is terrible traffic it can takes 2 hours to go 40 km longer on a bad day . The new bridge can help depending on where you live but I hate traffic jams so the north is not for me

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

thanks for the come backs i ll be check the places recommended out