Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
btw where you from in uk

originally from Kidderminster Worcestershire, lived pretty much everywhere due to RAF service. Ended up in the Medway towns for 15 years

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted
btw where you from in uk

originally from Kidderminster Worcestershire, lived pretty much everywhere due to RAF service. Ended up in the Medway towns for 15 years

been through there a few times in my courier job nice part of the country i,m ex R.NAVY MEDICALY DISCHARGED from northamtonshire .

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
i,m ex R.NAVY MEDICALY DISCHARGED

Sorry to hear that, nothing life threatening I hope. But then you are still here :) you must have had good Rehab, that's why i retired early, to get some R&R with my little family. :thumbsup:

It has done me Wonders,we should all be able to live and fight another day, in our own way :unsure:

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

In Spain whatever you entered the marriage with is yours if you split up and any assets accumulated during the marriage are treated as equal ownership. If you buy anything large in the Phils then make sure the funds can be easily traced and documented, eg in Spain every bank transfer has a "box" where you can state the reason for the transfer "funds to buy XXX house" There's probably something similar in the Phils as many laws follow the Spanish system.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
As for witnesses seeing her with the gunmen, well, we have another posting on here about a young girl's murder that shows how accurate that can be.

That struck me as very odd as well, it's a relatively small town and I would think she would be well-known, is anyone that stupid to be seen in a public restaurant with the hired killers? Maybe. She still has to be extradited and although there's a treaty in place there's lots of articles on how tough that is in Canada. Formal grievances have been filed about this from a number of countries, including the Philippines.

When countries complain of not being able to extradite from Canada, the case usually involves either a weak case and the death penalty being sought or a very very weak case that has the appearance of a possibly staged charge against someone for murder - such as the Elijah Joy (spelling?) case. Other than that, the person to be extradited does have a legal system they can use to delay their exit from the country but usually that will do just that - delay their removal from Canada.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
not long ago i read about a german guy who was kicked out of the marital home she tried to get him kicked out of the country he took her to court and the judge gave him back the house and lot that he paid for as she hd nothing when they met .but i don,t know the ins and outs as foreigners are not allowed to own property etc but i believe the ruling was it had to be sold and the money was to be paid back to him.

If this is the same case that I remember reading about, the gentleman proved and then his ex-wife admitted that she only married him to get everything she could before setting him up to be kicked out of the country. The judge didn't like that.

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted
not long ago i read about a german guy who was kicked out of the marital home she tried to get him kicked out of the country he took her to court and the judge gave him back the house and lot that he paid for as she hd nothing when they met .but i don,t know the ins and outs as foreigners are not allowed to own property etc but i believe the ruling was it had to be sold and the money was to be paid back to him.

If this is the same case that I remember reading about, the gentleman proved and then his ex-wife admitted that she only married him to get everything she could before setting him up to be kicked out of the country. The judge didn't like that.

er bob don,t all women do that lol like in the west take us to the cleaners lol. we guys pay a high price for our desires hhaha they got something we want and they get something they want THE BANK BOOK lol
  • Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Looks like the wife is now suspected in the murder officially. Read all about it HERE

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Looks like the wife is now suspected in the murder officially. Read all about it HERE

I think most of us came to this conclusion some time ago, if there had been a way to tell the police and prosecutors our thoughts, maybe the warrant would have been issued already.Typical of the police here, Manana! why wait till next week to get the warrant, she may be in WHO knows where, by then. we will have wound licking police, if she gets to a country with NO extradition but we know where we are don't we.???

i am bob
Posted
Posted

At the moment she is in Canada where his family is.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/09/06/nb-doyle-philippines-extradition-1010.html

I find it funny that this article is quoting a law student even if they have studied the subject matter. Without saying the name (read the link), I decided to look him up to find out his qualifications. Turns out he has a basic degree in law in the Philippines and is now living and working in Canada as a Paralegal (someone who assists a lawyer - helps clients to fill out forms, filing, look up information such as who owns what land) for a full service law firm that appears to specializes in Immigration for Filipinos to Canada. And they also happily report that they will do uncontested divorces at a "fraction of the cost and time of annulment in the Philippines". This advertising is not quite kosher in a law firm that also specializes in Immigration and thus this last part raises red flags for me personally. The information above I found in one of those advertisements done in the style of a news report in a Filipino - Canadian newspaper based in Manitoba.

Anyway, it makes no difference what country applies to have someone extradited, Canada uses the same rules and guidelines for everybody. And, once there is an arrest warrant out for her in the Philippines and the Philippine government notifies the Canadian government, she will be arrested here as well. In fact, the Canadian government is expecting this and is ready to do so. She will then have the option (like everybody else in just about every country) to go to court and fight her extradition.

Like I said before, I am not saying she is or is not guilty. There has been just too much conflicting information reported about this case. I seriously am starting to wonder if this is turning into another episode where there are no leads so "let's just make some and charge someone".

• Like 3