Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Bodin
Posted
Posted

Who killed Harry Doyle?

Some say his wife, Jane did it and that she had a boyfriend. I don't think so. If you knew Harry you know that there is no way his wife would be able to pull anything over on him! Whatever relationships she had, he was fully aware of them and the exact nature of them. So, don't think she had a lover and that she would kill Harry for this man. Nonsense!

Besides, what Phillipine wife would hire a hit man to kill her husband? We are talking about the Phillipines, here! Do you really think a woman who wanted to get rid of her husband would hire someone to kill him in such a public way? Whoever had Harry killed was making a statement. He was gunned down in public and riddled with bullets to make sure he was dead! Someone was sending a message. Someone wanted to make a great display of what the consequences would be if anyone crossed crossed him. And if you knew Harry, you know he crossed many people. So, take your eyes off Jane for a minute and look at who might have a reason to want Harry disposed of in such a demonstrative and horrendous manner!

What about JM, the man pointing the finger at Jane? Was he really a friend of Harry's? Communications between Harry and JM clearly show that Harry thought this man had attempted to kill him last February; that this man owed Harry money and that there was indeed animosity between them. Then ask yourself, "What expat in ANY South East Asian country would be so naive as to think that the police would seek and carry out justice? JM said in an interview with The Daily Gleaner, Harry's home town paper, that he has great faith in the legal system. Nonsense! Who here has faith in the local police? He says he fears for his life, suggesting that Jane is after him. Nonsense! Does he really fear a woman who cannot stop crying over the loss of her husband? No! More likely, he fears the police! Why would that be? What would the police have on him? Maybe he is doing his best to stay on the good side of the police and deflect the pointing finger away from himself and towards Harry's wife.

And what about Harry's accountant, KL who Harry accused of fraud? Apparently, she embezzled several thousand dollars from his hotel. And what about her boyfriend AS, a former driver who owed Harry a great deal of money for the construction of his house? And what about the German guests who refused to pay their hotel bill in Harry's absence? Apparently, Harry took action against them leaving one man in a whell chair.

Ask yourself this, "Who stands to gain if Jane is held responsible for Harry's death?"

Well, apparently there is a $1.6 Million life insurance policy, not to mention his substantial assets in Asia and in Canada. Jane would not be entitled to collect the insurance if found guilty of murder. And if guilty, she would not be entitled to the proceeds of the crime, so the estate would not be given to her regardless of Harry's desire that she inherit it. So, who would reap the benefits of these two, very significant sources of money?

Well, aside from Harry's family members, consider how justice is carried out in SEA. You have to know that whatever crime one might commit, the police can be bought and the perpetrator can go free. It happens all the time. So, would the police in the Phillipines not want Jane in their custody as the prime suspect? She would have to pay her way out of trouble. They could extort all her current assets then release her as 'not guilty' so that the will would clear probate and the insurance would be released. Jane would then have 'all that money' for them to extort. Greed is a powerful motivator and no where in the world is that more apparent than with the police in South East Asia. Expats are considered fair game for extortion. Why not Jane? It would not be expedient to find her guilty, but it would certainly mean a great deal of money for police and court officials if she were accused but never tried. The payoffs could and probably would devour all of Harry's assets.

Furthermore, all of those people who are accusing Jane either have a financial interest in her being found guilty or are suspect themselves. If Jane is guilty the insurance would go to another family member; the estate would be inherited by another family member. Family members who have been estranged from Harry for years are suddenly showing concern for their dearly departed,- no doubt, cued up for some financial gain from his estate.

I knew Harry and I know how things are done in SEA and I have seen what greed can do to people. And I have seen many 'scams' and 'frame ups' in Asia.

Whatever you might say about Harry, if you knew him, you know he had a lot of enemies; many more than the few listed here. People who owed him money, such as JM, KL and AS would have motive to kill him. People he insulted or were outright hurt, physically or financially would also have reason to take revenge. Why focus only on Jane? She had it all already. Why kill the goose that lays the golden egg? There was no need to kill him, he was doing a fine job of killing himself without her help. And even if you still think she wanted him dead, she most certainly would have found a more dicreet way of seeing to it, such as falling off a boat at sea or off a cliff, or a motor vehicle accident, or just dying in his sleep. Surely she would not want all the attention a horrendous act of violence draws

I think there should be a proper, independant investigation done before charges are laid against a woman whose grif is clearly overwhelming! Buy hey! That's not how things are done is it?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Admin Note

The above post appears to be someones opinion just like most so references to who may have killed Harry should be taken with a grain of salt unless there is any actual evidence which I can not see above.

Jollygoodfellow

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
besides, what Phillipine wife would hire a hit man to kill her husband?

We are talking about the Phillipines, here!

Do you really think a woman who wanted to get rid of her husband would hire someone to kill him in such a public way?

YES when money $$$$ Is involved.

here is the name and link to a previous topic

Sonia rios Risken the famous black widow of the RP

http://www.philippin...-of-philippines

Edited by Call me Bubba

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If any of what was stated above by Bodin is true and I'm in no position to know one way or the other the moral of this tragic story would be.....

Don't have financial dealings in Philippines.

Rightly or wrongly, don't cross people and start grudges.

Keep your assets out of Philippines.

Simple rules.

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
Keep your assets out of Philippines

My thoughts exactly. That's why they have banks in Singapore.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Bodin claims to know a lots about Harry Doyle and why he was murdered for someone who lives far away from Harry in Manila. I noticed that he didn't have an explanation of why the wife was in the CR and the Bodyguard was not present during the murder.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I have tried to aviod personal statements as to avoid imposing any positive of negative influence. I have only posted information provided by investigators so his family anf friends could be advised as to what is current pertaining to this case. I would have never posted what I post but since he seem to be trying to throw mud, I had to throw some varifiable facts to challange his statements.

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

James, you have proven yourself to be a honest man of high moral character and integrity. I'm sure the readers of this forum value everything you have said concerning this case and we appreciate you sharing what you know with us. You should be the very last person suspected of being involved in this crime.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So the plot thickens, sorry could not help myself :no: