Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

MikeB
Posted
Posted
As for witnesses seeing her with the gunmen, well, we have another posting on here about a young girl's murder that shows how accurate that can be.

That struck me as very odd as well, it's a relatively small town and I would think she would be well-known, is anyone that stupid to be seen in a public restaurant with the hired killers? Maybe. She still has to be extradited and although there's a treaty in place there's lots of articles on how tough that is in Canada. Formal grievances have been filed about this from a number of countries, including the Philippines.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Well it was pretty obvious to me that the wife was behind this from the first reports. She was apparently in the CR at time of shooting, they were not a happily married couple, he has been shot at only recently, family picnic planned, someone told of the killers asking for food (who heard them say that, sounds lame?) all that was needed was for the killers to be caught and the truth would come out, thank God that happened. I just hope they ship her evil ass back right away and she gets zero money to use for her legal fees. I hope she spends the rest of her life in a filthy stinking jail cell.

Surigao is one place I want to visit and consider living there and now with the police showing the rest of the country how to get the job done I would feel safer there than anywhere now.

and one more thing, I notice most of these foreigners who are murdered or suspected of by the wife always seem to be older, over 35, usually fat and ugly from stuffing themselves full of food all day. May I suggest those looking for a wife here to take a step back, find a young women with a good outlook on life. ;)

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted
had she used her brains she could seek a divorce or annullment and walk away with half his money

I am not sure if that is the case in the Philippines, anyone know?

This whole thing is an eye opener as it certainly is not the first time that a wife has had a part to play in the death of her husband. I'm sure that Harry just like most of us would have thought that no way it would happen to them but it does.

I am somewhat angry that she has done this, not even knowing the guy but it seems some just can not grasp how well off they are with a foreigner husband, at least in this case her life is stuffed too but there are always more casualty's.

:angry:

I have since discovered that when a couple split up the judge allows you to take out of the marriage what you put in .so maybe this explains why getting an annullment was not an option for her because she would be back to square one .so maybe thats why the murder took place harry out the way she takes all .

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I have since discovered that when a couple split up the judge allows you to take out of the marriage what you put in

I would presume therefore, that a pre nuptial would have been be required to determine this.

tiger31
Posted
Posted
I have since discovered that when a couple split up the judge allows you to take out of the marriage what you put in

I would presume therefore, that a pre nuptial would have been be required to determine this.

no i don,t think so its different rules here .in the west as you know the wife can claim half your assets even if you have been married say only 6 months but different system here altogether .not long ago i read about a german guy who was kicked out of the marital home she tried to get him kicked out of the country he took her to court and the judge gave him back the house and lot that he paid for as she hd nothing when they met .but i don,t know the ins and outs as foreigners are not allowed to own property etc but i believe the ruling was it had to be sold and the money was to be paid back to him.

tiger31
Posted
Posted (edited)

MY G F HAS BEEN READING THIS THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING WITH INTEREST SO I DECIDED TO TEST HER .HUNI I SAID IF I INSULTED YOU OR MADE YOU LOSE FACE WOULD YOU SHOOT ME ? NO SWEETHEART SHE SAID I WOULD WAIT TIL YOU BOUGHT ME A HOUSE AND GET SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT YOU LOL .AND THERE IS ME THINKIN MY SWEET LITTLE G F WOULD,NT DO THAT LOL

Edited by tiger31
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
the judge gave him back the house and lot that he paid for as she hd nothing when they met

Yes I understand the moral BUT how, would this be proved, with out an agreement. each time I pay for something on a legal item, it always says my Wife's name on the receipt. What I was getting at, was how would the judge know Just what the husband had paid for. As to the Germans story, I presume this is under an annulment. i mean our lot is clearly my wifes, the Title says owner mrs CV.................... married to a British Citizen mr J.K................... The monies paid have no % share of monies paid in by either party, but then we are in the PI.

:tiphat:

tiger31
Posted
Posted (edited)
the judge gave him back the house and lot that he paid for as she hd nothing when they met

Yes I understand the moral BUT how, would this be proved, with out an agreement. each time I pay for something on a legal item, it always says my Wife's name on the receipt. What I was getting at, was how would the judge know Just what the husband had paid for. As to the Germans story, I presume this is under an annulment. i mean our lot is clearly my wifes, the Title says owner mrs CV.................... married to a British Citizen mr J.K................... The monies paid have no % share of monies paid in by either party, but then we are in the PI.

:tiphat:

although everything is in her name the judge will ask her how she paid for house and lot BINGO her reply hopefully under oath will be you lol but what i say to people coming here if you buy property in your wifes name etc and say you were awarded it in court try actually getting it back it can take years to sell a property here 5 years is the average time unless your giving it away so what i,m trying to say if you buy anything here just kiss it goodbye lol.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- fixed quote

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
if you buy anything here just kiss it goodbye lol.

OH YES! :thumbsup: The wive's motto " what's paid is ours, What is yours is MINE, what's mine is mine alone. Ring a bell?? not always the case though, my wife is pretty good at Documenting everything, In our marriage, total trust is & has always been there, a lot of years and much water has flowed under the bridge of time. maybe I am lucky but we both worked hard on this union to be a happy one. So far we have no need to worry about things we are reading about lately. :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted (edited)
if you buy anything here just kiss it goodbye lol.

OH YES! :thumbsup: The wive's motto " what's paid is ours, What is yours is MINE, what's mine is mine alone. Ring a bell?? not always the case though, my wife is pretty good at Documenting everything, In our marriage, total trust is & has always been there, a lot of years and much water has flowed under the bridge of time. maybe I am lucky but we both worked hard on this union to be a happy one. So far we have no need to worry about things we are reading about lately. :)

JP :tiphat:

well thats the main thing be happy and live your life btw where you from in uk

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- fixed quote