Mature Palms

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Question

Is there anywhere in Cebu that sells mature palms like around 6 feet / 2meters or taller or any tropical type mature plants ?

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Question

Is there anywhere in Cebu that sells mature palms like around 6 feet / 2meters or taller or any tropical type mature plants ?

If you head up towards Gaisano Country mall from Ayala, about 300meters before you get to Country mall there is a nursery on the left hand side.There's another one in Capitol near the provincial register of deeds office.Then there's a HUGE nursery along the highway in Mandaue, heading to Consolacion it's on your left side. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Phewwwwwwwww ... for a minute there I thought you were looking for an older woman massage therapist JGF (mature palms and perhaps a happy ending .... :thumbsup: ) :hystery: ....... but as Bundy said there are lots of nurseries here and they sell all kinds of plants .......

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Question

If you head up towards Gaisano Country mall from Ayala, about 300meters before you get to Country mall there is a nursery on the left hand side.There's another one in Capitol near the provincial register of deeds office.Then there's a HUGE nursery along the highway in Mandaue, heading to Consolacion it's on your left side. :thumbsup:

Thanks, do you know if they have large plants?

Phewwwwwwwww ... for a minute there I thought you were looking for an older woman massage therapist JGF (mature palms and perhaps a happy ending .... :thumbsup: ) :hystery: ....... but as Bundy said there are lots of nurseries here and they sell all kinds of plants .......

My luck would be mature and sweaty palms :)

Strange, never noticed any nursery's before or maybe I was not looking or have been away too long. :unsure:

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

The Dept of Ag keeps a place on M Velez near Capital. Has loads of big trees and such for sale. Entrance is nearly opposite the MetroBank.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Yes they do. In particular capitol and the place along the highway at Mandaue, i am guessing that's where the city gets it's trees from when they undertake ciity beautification projects. Trees, including palms from 2ft to way big in black plastic planter bags.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The Dept of Ag keeps a place on M Velez near Capital. Has loads of big trees and such for sale. Entrance is nearly opposite the MetroBank.

Yes they do. In particular capitol and the place along the highway at Mandaue, i am guessing that's where the city gets it's trees from when they undertake ciity beautification projects. Trees, including palms from 2ft to way big in black plastic planter bags.

Thanks guys, any idea of prices for large plants?

billten
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, not so sure but i paid (i think) P300 a piece for mango trees about 6 feet high.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok JGF, being the good little trooper that i am, i called into the nursery here in Banilad this morning to check it out.

It is actually only about 100 meters from Gaisano Country Mall and on the same side, just opposite the Petron station.

There is approx 1/12 acres of tropical plants and trees here of all kinds and sizes, along with landscaping supplies, soils, potting mixes etc etc. Regarding your palm trees, yes they are here and in all sizes up to and beyond 6ft high.Be prepared to pay though, for example, a Foxtail palm at 6ft plus is Php 3,000 - Php 4,000. A bit pricey i thought but they are nice healthy looking trees. The smaller palms range from Php 600 on up and other smaller tropical plants can be had from Php40.

As with just about everything here, they will negotiate prices depending on what and how much you buy.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Most palms will grow pretty quickly if planted and looked after well, a lot of them will grow easily from seed, coconut palms take rather longer to germinate and grow but Washingtons (fan shaped leaves) will grow from seed to 6 ft in a couple of years.

• Like 1