17 Women ‘Rescued’ From Liza’S Pub Cebu

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A joint operation in coordination with the Department of Justice and the International Justice Mission rescued 17 women.

Edna Regudo, a social worker of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) 7, said two of the rescued women may be minors. “They won’t admit it, but these can be verified through dental aging. We are also getting legal documents to support their claims,” she said.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2012/08/18/17-women-rescued-pub-raid-238068

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A joint operation in coordination with the Department of Justice and the International Justice Mission rescued 17 women.

Edna Regudo, a social worker of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) 7, said two of the rescued women may be minors. “They won’t admit it, but these can be verified through dental aging. We are also getting legal documents to support their claims,” she said.

http://www.sunstar.c...pub-raid-238068

That seems like a re write of the same raid there a month or so back, I was reading that they do not do barfines there since the last raid so I think its just the same story with a new date. :89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Must have been a slow news day or they are fluffing the trafficking numbers?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Must have been a slow news day or they are fluffing the trafficking numbers?

Might have my bars mixed up, but sure reads the same as one recently and I checked on another forum where someone posted awhile back saying there is a sign at Lisa's which says no barfines so if anything I might have that bit right.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are no barfines at Lizas. I am surprised that they raided that one. An out of the way place run by a filipina for locals. I guess its getting too popular with the foreigners.

Dam shame really. All the places I like to go are getting raided. And they are all good wholesome places too.

Yes they have a VIP room. They also have a Karaoke room. But at no time did the bar owners or managers offer any kind of sexual favor from the girls. The make their money on the drinks. Even renting the Karaoke room is consumable. It means you get it for the price of your drinks if you drink moderately.

These bleeding heart 'rescuers' are going WAY overboard here. Quite honestly, by the standards they are imposing here, every western girl who allows herself to be picked up in a bar is a victim of human trafficking. Seriously, the girls at Lizas bar are there hoping to have some guy buy them drinks, maybe something to eat, maybe have some fun. Same as a girl in any other bar in the world.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Their are barfines at every girlie bar, They may not be advertised, but they are there, they may be called something else, ie, EWR early work release, If they just relied on guys buying them drinks, some of them would go very hungry :)

luke
Posted
Posted

Every bar raid is a "RESCUE" operation these days. As if all the girls were forced to work there.

Just another Uncle Sam buttkiss to get more assistance (read money) to fight anti-human-trafficking.

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

I agree that most of this is publicity nonsense, it just makes me a little thoughtful though when i see what are pretty obviously underage girls in any of these places. I mean seriously, don't the owners think about the world of crap they are likely to bring down on themselves.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Their are barfines at every girlie bar

In my experience that is not true. There are no barfines at Lizas, Never have been. You cannot take the girls out of there. The bar makes its money selling drinks. The girls get paid a portion of the money from ladies drinks. That's it. That's all. If you make any private deals with any of the GROs working there then that is above and beyond anything the bar is involved in and it is the same as if you make a private deal with a girl anywhere in the world. The girls there are not required to do anything beyond drink with you and provide company. And there is many a man who goes there for that and only that.

Edit: As far as the girls being underage. I have never seen one there who even appears to be underage. More publicity nonsense. They are checking their ages by looking at their teeth for crying out loud. And yet there are those who believe it is gospel; because someone in authority said so and it is in the paper and where there is smoke there is fire. Darn right there is. The do gooders are on fire for the Lord or someone died and made them the new God. Or perhaps not enough money changed hands but that one particular bar is/was a model on how a legal and respectable GRO bar should function.

Edit 2: For anyone not convinced, lets arrange to go there next time I am in Cebu and we'll go there so you can see what I mean.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

Their are barfines at every girlie bar,

Many girlie bars in Cebu have stopped barfines, unless you are a regular.