17 Women ‘Rescued’ From Liza’S Pub Cebu

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not yet seen any underage in a pub/bar in Cebu.

Seems to me that owners take this seriously, since control of these places are increasing.

Met one who already could afford silicon implant (not a gift but used her own money she said), others a expensive cell phone. Seen many arrive at work in a taxi. Victims? Rather a choice, than a victim imo.

Edited by CebuAndy
  • Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Well things must have changed, because I know for sure Lizas had a barfine system, also shortime rooms

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Please pardon my ignorance, but what is a barfine?

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_fine#Bar_fine

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link, I would never have thought to look there.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the link, I would never have thought to look there.

Now that you know where to look there, I now declare you de-virginized......he, he.

Flenty of Pish -- Jake

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bar fine

A bar fine (sometimes written as "barfine" or "bar-fine"), is the payment made by a customer to the operators of a bar that allows a dancer or hostess or some other employee of that bar to leave work early, usually in order to accompany the customer outside the bar. A bar fine may also be required in order to take the employee to a more secluded part of the same establishment, such as a short-time room.

Although it is not universal, this practice is very frequently associated with prostitution - especially in South-east Asian countries such as Thailand and the Philippines. The bar fine amount and whether sexual services are included in the bar fine or have to be negotiated separately are both subject to local custom.

http://en.wikipedia....r_fine#Bar_fine

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well maybe I should be the last one on the forum to be answering this thread as I have never been to a girly bar or other HERE in the Philippines but it is my understanding from viewing forums about the Phils for more than 15 years that the girls CAN NOT WORK WITH OUT A LICENSE .... and where do you suppose they get these licenses ..... CITY HALL .... so my question is this ..... if CITY HALL issues these licenses to work in a club ..... how the hell can the club owner be convicted of hiring a minor child when she has a license form CITY HALL saying she is of age and can work in his club ...... now if she is a free lancer and wonders in off the street that is a different story but then she really doesn't work for the bar owner than does she ..... I think that all these do gooders and ugly old biddies need to go home and get a good lay but maybe they can't and that is why they do what they do ..... now don't get me wrong if the girl is REALLY UNDER AGED than who ever is to blame should be hung ...... BUT WOULDN'T THAT BE THE ONE AT CITY HALL THAT ISSUED THE LICENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE .... JUST SAYING .... IMHO

• Like 5

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Yes they are licensed and get tested weekly for STDs no test no work . So for them to say they don,t know whats going on is crazy . But fake ID is so easy to get here I could see them slip threw without the owner being aware . It a damned if you do and Damned if you don,t for the city . No GROs and Girly bars would hit Cebu city hard in the pocket book because a lot of tourism is related to the sex trade . Many come for the fun and stay because they end up loving it here. i hate to say it but it is the major reason for tourism to the RP .

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
i hate to say it but it is the major reason for tourism to the RP

Agreed.

If every female in the Philippines took a vow of chastity and never wavered from it, there would not only be less tourism to the Philippines but many of the local guys would leaving and taking their vacations in Thailand.

• Like 2