How Much Did You Pay For That?

The stores in the mall don't tell you what they pay for the things you buy - it's the same thing.

Congats Bob ...... I think this is the best answer ...... I don't recall any store anywhere that posts the price of what THEY paid for a product so you could see if they were making a profit ...... of course they are and one would be stupid to think otherwise ..... and while you may not be making a profit on what you sell the principal is still the same ...... IT AIN'T NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS ...... on the car i just bought we have already been asked what we paid for it (my asawa wisely said she didn't know as it was my car .... :thumbsup: ) and then the woman went on to voluntarily tell her what she paid for her's ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... now I know many times we will ask each other what we paid for some items so we can cost compare but NOT IF WE ARE LOOKING TO BUY SOMETHING FROM THAT PERSON ....

Sorry guys for ranting ..... but this is just one of my pet peeves ..... :508:

Well mate, I guess nobody on this forum is going to buy the bloody thing now that they know the ugly truth hey!

Just kidding... If the buyer knows the original retail price, and he thinks the price you are selling for is fair, he shouldn't be too worried about what you paid for it. Especially if he can get you down to say, P30,000 or less. But, your worry is that if the buyer finds out what you paid, then the price is more likely to go to P30k or less? Don't worry so much about it, just set in your mind the lowest price you will accept, don't go under it, and be happy if you get more.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have sold lots of stuff over the years and have been asked that same thing many times"what did you pay for it" my stock reply;too much but you can get a bargain now" works everytime!

• Like 5

I like to think i'm incredibly honest too. But you're talking about a total stranger that has no idea the length you went to to get it at that price and probably not the time to hear it explained. If you're confident it is value for money at 35000 i think a little white lie about your final cost doesn't hurt the buyer nor should it worry your conscious. If you'd paid 50000 a year ago and wanted 35000 for it, it wouldn't be a dilemma, theres no reason to effect your sale if all it does is unnecessarily hurt your end of the bargain just because you made a nice deal off an already cheap price. Think about it like this, if you think its a great deal for 35000 dollars, your doing the buyer an unjust by telling him the buying cost, because the illusion of a rip off could turn him off getting a great buy. :thumbsup: Do the buyer a favour and tell a little lie. :lol: Everyone wins.

Source:Honest Guy.

Edited by Matthew23
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
I have tried saying: It was 45,000 a year ago . .etc etc but sooner or later my wife will be introduced to the potential buyer. It is as inevitable as rain. She will say: Don't you remember honey? We got a deal and only paid 40,000 for that. Time and again I have asked her to say nothing and she invariable says: Honey you tell me it is important to you that your wife is honest and then you tell me to not be honest. I just don't understand you. So, guys, how do you handle that question?

Having a wife being that honest to her husband is worth more than 5000pesos... :mocking:

• Like 1