Where To Take A Ct Scan And Costs, In Cebu?

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

I need to take a CT or MRI scan of my neck, due to pain around the adam's apple.

Been a smoker for 35 years, so cancer is on my mind.

Examined by doctors in Thai hospitals, and they want I take a CT or MRI scan - cost 500 $.

Seems that Cebu Doctors Hospital, and Chong Hua Hospital are the places to go, right guys?

Wonder if any of you had a CT / MRI scan done in Cebu, and how much did you pay?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wonder if any of you had a CT / MRI scan done in Cebu, and how much did you pay?

My wife has for when she had thyroid cancer removed, will try to find the cost later. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

luke
Posted
Posted

Mid 2010 I had CT-scan of the upper abdomen (contrast) at Manila Doctors hospital.

Total cost 12233 PHP (288 USD at todays rate)

Just for your reference....

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Andy, I had 3 chest/abdomenal CT scans done at Chong Hua but I was an inpatient and my insurance covered it so I never saw the bill. The price luke quoted sounds about right, maybe a little less in Cebu but Chong Hua is probably going to be among the highest. I think you're going to need a doctor's request to have it done. If you're not coming back for a while and already seeing a doc there I would just get it done, it's not something to put off.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

I need to take a CT or MRI scan of my neck, due to pain around the adam's apple.

Been a smoker for 35 years, so cancer is on my mind.

Examined by doctors in Thai hospitals, and they want I take a CT or MRI scan - cost 500 $.

Seems that Cebu Doctors Hospital, and Chong Hua Hospital are the places to go, right guys?

I don't know where you are in Thailand but what about a public hospital in Bangkok? OR give up smoking now and let the savings pay for the scan. I had a heart scan in a Chiang Mai hospital cost 3,500 Baht.

• Like 2

CebuAndy
Posted
Posted

Andy, I had 3 chest/abdomenal CT scans done at Chong Hua but I was an inpatient and my insurance covered it so I never saw the bill. The price luke quoted sounds about right, maybe a little less in Cebu but Chong Hua is probably going to be among the highest. I think you're going to need a doctor's request to have it done. If you're not coming back for a while and already seeing a doc there I would just get it done, it's not something to put off.

Mike,

I have ticket already, coming back end of September. Seen 2 doctors here, camera down my throat and nose. Didn't see anything abnormal, recommended CT (MRI) scan. Been on medication, but no improvement. My insurance don't cover stuff like cancer anyway, so if that should be the case > return home.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good to see you are following through!

My dad was diagnosed with cancer this year. Fully treatable but between different doctors humming and ha-ing and requesting that more tests be carried out in their hospitals (2 were involved), well, after a couple months his cancer has spread and is now terminal. They are doing radiation treatments in an attempt to "provide a better quality of life" for what ever time he has left.

If anyone ever is told they have cancer and it is treatable - DO NOT LET THEM DELAY TREATMENTS!

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
If anyone ever is told they have cancer and it is treatable - DO NOT LET THEM DELAY TREATMENTS!

I agree with Bob... you don't want to mess around and wait.

Bu also do your research. Your local doctors may just put you in the pipeline for treatment locally... which may not have the experts or have the latest technology for treatment.

I am so glad my older brother pushed me to get second opinions for my cancer. My local doctors were routing me through the local hospital for surgery. They would have done it the old fashioned way requiring a much longer hospital stay and recovery. My search on the internet found a regional cancer center which researched all the new treatments for my type of cancer and had all the modern video assisted surgical technology where they only make three very small incisions. Rather than taking months to recover I was working out at the gym less than 4 weeks after surgery.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If they hadn't dickered around with my Dad for so long, he was going to have laser surgery - no incisions required. Now it's too late.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If they hadn't dickered around with my Dad for so long, he was going to have laser surgery - no incisions required. Now it's too late.

Hope your father can enjoy his remaining time and without too much pain.

• Like 3