Registered Post, Claims

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi All, I sent a small parcel by registered post from here (Tenerife) to Manila on the 7 August and according to the tracking it arrived in Manila on 16 Aug...... no delivery yet and whenever the recipient asks at the post office for it (with the tracking No) she is told that she must tell them the No of the mailbag it's in. Is this normal? How would a non employee get this info? Is there a claims dept? Apparently the Manila office is notorious for non delivery of mail and they have stacks of it. When I tried to claim at this end they of course said that the recipient has to make the claim at her end....suggestions?

luke
Posted
Posted

What service did you use to send it? EMS? or any other parcel service?

Did the recipient receive a notification card/letter that a registered package in her name is at that post office?

(Does the recipient have an address?)

Yes indeed, Phil Post has a bad reputation. But so far I had no bad experience on registered mail or parcels either sending or receiving.

Curley
Posted
Posted

What service did you use to send it? EMS? or any other parcel service?

Did the recipient receive a notification card/letter that a registered package in her name is at that post office?

(Does the recipient have an address?)

Yes indeed, Phil Post has a bad reputation. But so far I had no bad experience on registered mail or parcels either sending or receiving.

I sent it using the Spanish post office (Correos) so I assume that they use their counterparts in Manila to deliver there. My recipient has not received any notification (yes she has an address)but has been to the post office several times with no luck.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

With the Christmas season approaching, I want to add a note regarding the Philippine postal system. Don't sent an odd size envelope that may appear to be a Christmas card. It will be opened because the envelope may contain gift money.

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the lost parcel ... FedEx, UPS, DHL, LBC for secure delivery.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Last April I sent a small present to my Special Someone in the mail from Canada to Lutopan (between Cebu and Toledo City). My wonderful post office told me it would take 4 to 6 weeks which I thought was reasonable. I chose April as it gave me 8 weeks before her birthday in May. She received it 2 weeks ago (mid August). I could track the parcel through Canada Post as far as leaving Canada only so I had submitted a queery on it which would have lead to a claim for the insurance. Though the queery still has not been answered from the Philippines end, I notified Canada Post that she had received it and if there was any rebate on my postage I had paid for taking so long beyond what I was originally told. I should have a check any day now for my entire shipping costs. Though he did not come right out and say it, the person I was dealing with kind of suggested in his round about way that the mail system in the Philippines is really really really broken!

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Update..... The Manila office are now admitting that it arrived on 24th Aug....... but they don't know where it is now! It's more fun in the Philippines

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

your package should arrive within the next 2-3 weeks,(hopefully)

I had a small letter/package sent to me, took about 5weeks from US to here,

WHY so long? well, it had my local address and ZIP CODE but it had MANILA(city listing)

by looking at the postmarks it arrived after 14-18 days from US, then "floated"around until they realized that it was NOT to be in Manila but here in laguna.

I am thankful that It had a ZTP CODE or it would have been "lost"forever......

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have had 3 packages sent to me by Post and all 3 took a little over 4 weeks for each one ..... but they were small and not heavy so no need for them to open them plus it was clearly stated on the outside what was in them ..... just do your self a favor and DON"T put the words electronics or computer anywhere on the package .... cost me as much for customs charges as it did for the last item I had sent over ..... :thumbsup:

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

With the Christmas season approaching, I want to add a note regarding the Philippine postal system. Don't sent an odd size envelope that may appear to be a Christmas card. It will be opened because the envelope may contain gift money.

A mate of mine told me, some years ago, that he sent his girl in Manila a birthday card. He put a $50 note inside the card and sealed it up. The girl got the card, opened the envelope and there was nothing inside.