Dried Fish ( Yak )

tiger31
Posted
Posted

i,m tapping away on my computer and this pungnent smell wafts up my snout i thought to myself WTF is that smell .the culprit being the misus frying dried fish now i,m trying to get used to lots of things in the philippines but sorry i will NEVER EVER get used to that horrible smell ,and to top it all she expects me to kiss her after eating that tripe no way hosay lol so let this be a warning to ya newbies to the philippines at some point in your stay here you WILL in no doubt come into contact with this aroma at least you have been warned lol

• Like 5

luke
Posted
Posted

Eat some and the smell is gone. Its the same with Kimchi.

By the way, it seems your keyboard has trouble finding ' over , at least I'm tapping away on my PC ....

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
so let this be a warning to ya newbies

:attention: :kidding: Even us oldbies, will never get used to the, at least twice a week occurrence. In my mother-in-laws house it is every breakfast time. :morning1: i just stay with the coffee. :unsure:

:tiphat: JP

• Like 4

wombatphil
Posted
Posted (edited)

i,m tapping away on my computer and this pungnent smell wafts up my snout i thought to myself WTF is that smell .the culprit being the misus frying dried fish now i,m trying to get used to lots of things in the philippines but sorry i will NEVER EVER get used to that horrible smell ,and to top it all she expects me to kiss her after eating that tripe no way hosay lol so let this be a warning to ya newbies to the philippines at some point in your stay here you WILL in no doubt come into contact with this aroma at least you have been warned lol

Yeah, don't ya hate it when ya have to cut the air with a knife to get through it!!!

And it does absolutely NO good to warn anyone mate coz it's a very sneaky thing that just ambushes you when one least expects it...

Like a few years ago working with a Police unit here, and on a patrol... We had to check out this largish factory type shed at the early hours of the morning... I was first in and got maybe 3 steps and the smell of dried fish and the sight of benches and racks of dried fish near threw me back outa the door... I turned quickly, pushed my way through the others following me and they all burst out laughing (well I did stoke it a bit) by yelling at their surprised faces, "RUN... it's a dried fish factory!!!!".

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Eat some and the smell is gone. Its the same with Kimchi.

By the way, it seems your keyboard has trouble finding ' over , at least I'm tapping away on my PC ....

my friend i can assure you i will never eat that sh** if it was the only thing to keep me alive lol
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Buy your wife a portable butane burner so she can cook it outside and an airtight container to store it. The only one rule I made with my wife... NO DANGGIT fried inside the house. So bad my Bulldog wouldn't even eat that sh#*.

• Like 5

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I would rather smell a dead corpse than dried fish!!!!

• Like 3

wombatphil
Posted
Posted

I would rather smell a dead corpse than dried fish!!!!

But... But... They ARE dead corpses!!!
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I read a news story about a couple in New York that got sued by their neighbors because of that smell.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I am allergic to all seafood and fish whether fresh water or salt water. Not just eating, but the smell from frying fish can also cause an allergic reaction.

I can tolerate a little bit of the fried fish smell... but can not stay in a room or building where fish is being fried or alot of fish was fried in the last day or so.

My home after I move will be "fried fish free".

• Like 2