Dried Fish ( Yak )

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
You know I'm sure many cultures have their stinky delights. The smell is just a by product of dish that tastes good. In French Polynesia, their delicacy is called fafaru.

The Japanese have "natto," which is fermented soy beans. It is sticky, slimy and stinky. The best beans are produced by a group of Black farmers in Georgia for export to Japan. Very profitable since prices are nearly double regular soybeans. The beans are about one third the size of the regular ones and the group keeps it a secret as to their growing method. Some trade association in Tokyo invited the Georgia farmers for a visit. The delegation was asked to sample the Natto. Nearly everyone threw up. The Japanese are still scratching their heads as to what happened. I had the same reaction (running for the restroom) after accidentally taking a plate of Natto sushi from a Kaiten (conveyor belt sushi) restaurant.

Edited by JJR
  • Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
and to top it all she expects me to kiss her after eating that tripe

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...................

are you sure you havent kissed other interesting smells???????????????? :mocking:

Oh Ashanti, you're so naughty and nice. I'm going to personally write to Santa and have him

treat you special!

You go girl! Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
so let this be a warning to ya newbies

:attention: :kidding: Even us oldbies, will never get used to the, at least twice a week occurrence. In my mother-in-laws house it is every breakfast time. :morning1: i just stay with the coffee. :unsure:

:tiphat: JP

stop making love to mother in law, problem solved

• Like 5

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Re the title Dried Fish (Yak) Is Yak the fillipino name or is it yak as in YUK horrible?

No answer tiger?

yuk lol a yak is a mongolian beasty aint it lol
  • Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

the ulimate neighbours from hell indians and their currie on one side and philippino,s and their dried fish on the other lol

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

the ulimate neighbours from hell indians and their currie on one side and philippino,s and their dried fish on the other lol

And I'm behind you, upwind with my gas attacks after those delicious dried and fried whatever.

All chased down with some cold San Magoo -- warning, warning set force field around Jake's

house.....he, he.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Evidently my wife has been reading this topic and laughing her XXX off.

She had some friends over early this week and cooked some stench fish on our patio they also had some of those tiny little silver fish (Ginamos).

My wife eat some for breakfast and told me if I didn't kiss her "you going to be in big trouble". She got her kiss.

• Like 4

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)
Oh Ashanti, you're so naughty and nice. I'm going to personally write to Santa and have him treat you special! You go girl! Respectfully -- Jake

errrrrrr........... ahhhhhhh .............. ohmmmmmm............... jakey, you do know that santa's anagram reads, SATAN??????

:mocking: :dance: :hystery:

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My wife matter-of-factly explains the Filipino fondness for dried fish in this manner: "In the very humid tropics, we need the salt. Otherwise, we would not retain water and just sweat it all off." This also explains bagoong and patis. She also says that the fondness for dried fish is not just associated with being poor and having little to eat. Even affluent Filipinos crave it now and then. It reminds them of good times when vacationing in the provinces. The saltiness is also the perfect complement to the sweetness of champorado. And, towards the end of the Christmas season, it provides a good break from all the feasting on rich food.

MacBubba

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Julia
Posted
Posted
I would rather smell a dead corpse than dried fish!!!!

:th_hu: seriously?????????