Dried Fish ( Yak )

Curley
Posted
Posted
No answer to my question?

buwad is what my wife calls it so never heard it called yak before.

The original post was by Tiger, perhaps he can answer me?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
FRIED, DRIED, DEAD FISH

the way you name my favorite dish makes me vomit, Papa Carl :mocking:

Julia, you were never in the Military, were you,,,?

There we were fed Dead Fish, Dead Bird, Dead Cow, Dead Pig and usually on the side were Dead Vegetables! It got so bad we started calling sandwiches Dead Bread with Dead XXX !

:mocking:

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted

Re the title Dried Fish (Yak) Is Yak the fillipino name or is it yak as in YUK horrible?

dried fish is not horrible so IMO "Yak" is just how some people name it :mocking:

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted
FRIED, DRIED, DEAD FISH

There we were fed Dead Fish, Dead Bird, Dead Cow, Dead Pig and usually on the side were Dead Vegetables! It got so bad we started calling sandwiches Dead Bread with Dead XXX !

i would rather eat something that is dead than eating anything alive, Bob :mocking:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I think the

Re the title Dried Fish (Yak) Is Yak the fillipino name or is it yak as in YUK horrible?

dried fish is not horrible so IMO "Yak" is just how some people name it :mocking:

The "yak" in the title to me means "to yak" - or in other words "to throw up". Yak is an American slang term for throwing up. Which is the first thing I want to do when I smell dried fish!

And I find it very amusing this has gone on for 5 pages ha ha :tiphat:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
FRIED, DRIED, DEAD FISH

i would rather eat something that is dead than eating anything alive, Bob :mocking:

I could have sworn I saw a conversation here somewhere about oysters..... :mocking:

• Like 3

Julia
Posted
Posted
FRIED, DRIED, DEAD FISH

I could have sworn I saw a conversation here somewhere about oysters..... :mocking:

that's hilarious, haha :hystery:

of course with oysters, you can never eat them when dead ( or could you? now i am confusing myself more :89: LOL)

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Ems brought some dried fish to cook back here, well it was one of the worst smells ever, smelled like someone was cooking old smelly wet socks, it stunk the house out for days and when she had fried them all you could see was black little things , just bones that crunched in there mouths, did i try them not a chance, i would rather have a smelly wet sock smack my face and why i am on about orrible food whats this balut thing, yak, yak, yak

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dried fish itself doesn't bother me... It's the dried fish snack I've seen that are about 1 cm long... All those eyes looking at me!

My Taiwanese ex used to buy them here in Canada but they were a product of the Philippines.

Edited by I am bob
corrected size
  • Like 1

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

Bulad is the name in Bisaya, i think it was last year my fiancee and there sister cooked it, i ran out the apartment not to re-enter until every door window was open hehehe now i know us Scots eat something that most would find disgusting ( haggis ) but at least it dont smell someones cooking a zombie :P

• Like 2