American Killed In Store Robbery In Philippines

luke
Posted
Posted

Not all (7/11) stores have security guards. But to my surprise they had a CCTV installed.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not all (7/11) stores have security guards. But to my surprise they had a CCTV installed.

Well 3 raids in a month! I guess they may change the way they think? I understand that these are private stores on franchise.Many more raids and I would think 7/11, will make it part of the franchise contract. this type of bad Publicity/ happening will certainly reduce Shopping customer numbers. IMHO

JP :tiphat:

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

MANILA, Philippines – Video footage from a closed-circuit television camera may lead police to members of a robbery gang believed to be preying on 24-hour convenience stores.

The video showed four men helping themselves to items on the shelves and getting money from the cash register at a 7-11 convenience store in Malate, Manila last Sunday afternoon.

The robbers shot dead an American executive of an English language-training center.

Robert Edward Armstrong, 45, manager of General Testing in English Language Proficiency at Legazpi Towers in Malate, was inside the 7-11 store at the corner of Pablo Ocampo and F. B. Harrison streets when four robbers ordered the employees and several customers into the storage room while they emptied the cash register.

Senior Police Officer 1 Alonzo Layugan, Manila Police District (MPD) investigator, said Armstrong was shot when he tried to dash out of the store.

The investigator said that the wounded American managed to get into his car but one of the robbers shot him again.

Armstrong suffered five gunshot wounds and was declared dead on arrival at the San Juan de Dios Hospital.

Police said the robbers belonged to a gang that had allegedly robbed two other 7-11 stores in Manila last month.

Layugan said that three of the suspects entered the store and pretended to be customers while another stayed outside and acted as the lookout.

A still unidentified suspect wearing a blue T-shirt initiated the robbery that was recorded by the closed-circuit television (CCTV) installed inside the 7-11 store, which was only about 400 meters meters from MPD Station 9.

Police said the robbers forced the employees and customers to go to the back room of the store but Armstrong, who was buying bottled water, ran to the front door.

One of the suspects followed and shot him at the buttocks. Although wounded, the victim managed to board his car that was parked in front of the store, but the lookout followed him and shot him several times.

The suspects took P30,000 cash from the register and also took several items and packs of cigarettes before they fled on board two motorcycles towards Buendia Ave.

Layugan said they are also checking the CCTV of the two 7/11 branches to determine whether the same group was behind the successive heists. – With AP

Something just doesnt SMELL RIGHT? 30k in the register?

about the MAN(american) running out of the store.

OH :wt-hell: i may have done the same.

as i recall

1.in the US when they(the robbers) round up the customers to the back room, in MANY cases the customers have been SHOT

2, in the RP i have too have read that in some cases they round them up and

:728: them

(its a Dxxm if I do ,DaXX if i dont take that chance.)

my "gut"feeling of why he ran was

1. HE WAS SCARED Sh...LESS as i would

,2. he knew/recalled that a POLICE station was nearby, his attempt was to get the attention of the Police.

Again thats what i would think(altho at some times of the day, its furtile)

last. lets pray for his family here and back home

LET US READ this story carefully and make sure that it doesnt happen to us.

make sure you know your surroundings to avoid or reduce any "issues" to your well being.

.edit I hope that the Embassy(legal attache)

would offer assistance if asked(cough)

as in past cases, the local police are LIMITED in their crime fighting techniques

.when they have been "assisted" it has solved the crime.

edit edit..when I looked at the address & map.its across the street from the BSP and in the same area of harrison plaza mall ,corner- south/west

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Something just doesnt SMELL RIGHT? 30k in the register?

my wife (a CPA) tells me a good Accountant will soon tell, if this could be. Comparing 3/4 Sundays previous till Journals, will tell if this is some pattern for a Sunday afternoon could yeald that sort of takings. Checking Stock levels and such will open the door to the truth. BUT! 30000. ) after lunch, this would be against cash holding insurance ( if they had any of course.) Tills, she tells me, are usually reduced to float value every 1 to2 hours and most certainly at lunchtime/break time Shift change.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

YES in just the past 2-3 years they have been installing CCTV's in many places. It has even caught the "suspects"

bout the guards, some of the 7/11's I have seen and visited are on a night shift basis, tho some do have 24/7 depending on the location/area and if the owner wants to spend the extra 350-450 a day for the salary

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thats not for our protection, they just want to sell the videos to some reality tv show.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
if the owner wants to spend the extra 350-450 a day for the salary

with 30.000 ​in the register at that time of day, (Afternoon) I would have thought, enough profit to justify this meager amount. Always supposing the Guard got that amount :no:

jack P. :tiphat:

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I see this as more of a wake up call as to the callousness of the people committing these types of crime. Obviously they have no regard for the law or any sort of consequences for their actions.

To follow someone after they have been shot and then to shoot again to be sure they are dead? These types of people do not even fall into the "Animal" category.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
t o follow someone after they have been shot and then to shoot again to be sure they are dead? These types of people do not even fall into the "Animal" category.

maybe this "ANIMAL" is now dead.

A radio report said the two suspects, riding on a motorcycle, held up a female employee of a shopping mall at the Harrison Plaza area near the Manila District Station 9 around 5 a.m.

After the shootout, cops managed to kill one of the suspects, who yielded a cal.38 revolver.

this occurred in the same area withing 500meters or less.

the creek is near shopwise at the northern part of harrison plaza mall.

Hope that the police will step up their patrols to keep "animals" away from the people

http://www.philstar.com/nation/article.aspx?publicationSubCategoryId=200&articleId=845209

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Following the Story of " Bonnie & Clyde" maybe, they have gone one store to far, too soon. they say what goes round, will come round.no sympathy here folks. :no: it was his turn to Die. The streets will be a little safer when they are all gone BUT ​no doubt, others will rise out of the gutter, Following in their evil footsteps :angry: