Some Questions Regarding Getting Married For Aussie/kiwi?

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

If she is very quiet about going with you it may be she's not sure she wants to go but wants to please you. This can be a recipe for home sickness. Remember, many Filipinas can't function away from their families. Be careful.

I can understand my post came across the wrong way. I was trying to just point out that she is not a scamming type that is only after a visa etc. She is excited to go to Australia with me but all she wants is to be with me whereever I go.

Hi mate,

We do a few weddings every year so have pretty much first hand experience. You might like to check out the legal requirements at this page on our web site - http://www.cebuexpat...age-in-cebu.php

I got my CNI about 4 years ago at the Oz Embassy and it cost me around 3500p and took about 30 minutes. You can also do it by mail.

I have booked marked that page as well cheers!

I probably gave out too much extra info in my last post but I cant edit it now. Thanks anyway for the feedback....

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Maybe this will help

My experience of going through the marriage process to a Filipina in the Philippines IN CEBU CITY

What you will need

YOU NEED TO GET AT LEAST 2 COPIES OF EACH ITEM.

YOU NEED TO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS.

FOR PEOPLE WITH BRITISH PASSPORTS.

YOU NEED COPIES OF:

THE PHOTO PAGE.

THE CONTACT PAGE,FOR YOUR NEXT OF KIN ETC.

.THE VERY FIRST PAGE,THE ONE WITH THE CREST ON It

THE PAGE WITH THE LAST ENTRY STAMP INTO THE PHILIPPINES ON IT TO SHOW YOU HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN 14 DAYS.

1 CENOMAR= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES.FOR BOTH OF YOU. FROM NSO IN PERSON OR ONLINE AT www.e-census.ph.YOU CAN ALSO GET OTHER CERTIFICATES ON HERE MARRIAGE,BIRTH,DEATH.IF YOU NEED A CERTIFICATE CHECK IT OUT.

3 ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR RECENT CERTIFIED COPY FOR BOTH OF YOU.

4 DIVORCE CERTIFICATE OR PAPERS FOR BOTH IF APPLICABLE.

5 PASSPORT FOR THE FOREIGNER ID CARD FOR THE FILIPINA

I HAD TO DO NUMBERS 1-5 BEFORE I COULD GET THE CNI

6 CNI= CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.ONLY THE FOREIGNER, CONTACT YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE. OR BRING ONE FROM YOUR OWN COUNTRY

7 MARRIAGE GUIDANCE AND FAMILY PLANNING CERTIFICATES. FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT COST P100. YOU NEED TO BOOK THIS AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A COPY OF THE ATTACHMENT I HAVE OUT HERE.

7A I HAVE PUT AN ATTACHMENT WHICH YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THE LICENCE. THE 2 THINGS WE HAD TO GET WAS A CEDULA P46.20 FROM CITY HALL BY MAGELLAN`S CROSS AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE TO MARRY P50 FROM YOUR LOCAL BARANGAY HALL.

8 LICENCE TO GET MARRIED FROM CEBU CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT I HAD TO GET MINE HERE I TRIED TO GET IT ELSEWHERE BUT WAS TOLD NO CAN DO. COST P100 + p1000 for the forms to be verified. AND P50 TO PAY THE WOMAN WHO GIVES YOU THE RECEIPT TO PICK UP YOUR LICENCE. THEY KEPT MY GIRLFRIENDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND WOULD NOT LET US HAVE IT BACK. I WAS TOLD THEY ALWAYS KEEP IT SO JUST BE AWARE OF THAT. YOU PICK UP YOUR LICENCE 10 DAYS AFTER IT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE NOTICE BOARD.( WHEN YOU GO FOR MARRIAGE GUIDANCE ON THE APPLICATION WILL BE POSTED ON THE BOARD THE NEXT DAY FOR 10 DAYS. THE DAY AFTER 10 DAYS IS UP YOU CAN COLLECT THE LICENCE)

9 IT`S UP TO YOU WHERE YOU GET MARRIED. I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONCE YOU HAVE THE LICENCE YOU CAN GET MARRIED ANYWHERE IN THE PHILLS.

WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR CENOMAR ONLINE YOU WILL GET AN EMAIL FROM THE NSO/ E-CENSUS.

YOU HAVE TO PRINT 2 COPIES OF THIS . I TOOK MINE TO THE BDO BANK TO MAKE THE PAYMENT. JUST A SMALL PAYMENT FORM TO FILL IN AND PAY OVER THE COUNTER. WHEN I PAYED FOR MINE IT WAS P415 FOR EACH COPY.

CNI,THIS COST ME P9360. FROM THE BRITISH CONSULATE IN CEBU CITY.@Moya.jackson-HonCon@fconet.fco.gov.uk TELEPHONE 032 2389055. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT VERY CLEAR IN THE INFORMATION IT PROVIDES AND RULES ARE CHANGING ALL THE TIME.

post-1430-0-36022700-1338628621_thumb.jpg

Edited by sonjack2847, 02 June 2012 - 05:22 PM.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Hi Adventurer, something you may want to give some thought to regarding your plans.

It is also just possible that after your wife has been living and working in Australia for some time that she may not want to come back!.......................It does happen.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

UPDATE:

Cenomars

Thanks to Paul from Expat services we decided to go to the Civil register in Cebu City inside of the Health Department instead of the NSO building which can apparently be crowded. There was only a couple of people there and we got it done more or less straight away after filling out a simple form each. We paid 50 pesos each plus 390 pesos = 490 pesos total. We have to go back after 10 days to pick the Cenomars up.

Now I will look into contacting the Australian Embassy to get my CNI. I guess I will try to find their email address and email them.....

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

So many times we forget....

Paul and Elsa are the experts at this!

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Now I will look into contacting the Australian Embassy to get my CNI. I guess I will try to find their email address and email them.....

:) Here you are , My little contribution for you, forward congratulations to you Both, I hope all goes well. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

http://www.dfat.gov....untries/ph.html

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

In regards to sending the CNI form (which I downloaded from here http://www.smartrave...s/marriage.html ) and I got the info here http://www.australia...a/marriage.html - Should I send the money with the form? I would say the only sensible way to send it is to use a bank check but I don't have a Philippine bank account, do I need one to get a bank check and what would the cost be roughly to get a AU $90 bank check? i would say it has to be AU so it's $90 exactly otherwise if I make it out in pesos then I think the amount changes daily according to what a peso to Au is on the day as the fees are here: http://www.australia.../cons_fees.html

Edited by Adventurer

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

In regards to sending the CNI form (which I downloaded from here http://www.smartrave...s/marriage.html ) and I got the info here http://www.australia...a/marriage.html - Should I send the money with the form? I would say the only sensible way to send it is to use a bank check but I don't have a Philippine bank account, do I need one to get a bank check and what would the cost be roughly to get a AU $90 bank check? i would say it has to be AU so it's $90 exactly otherwise if I make it out in pesos then I think the amount changes daily according to what a peso to Au is on the day as the fees are here: http://www.australia.../cons_fees.html

anyone have any ideas about this? thanks in advance!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I'm guessing they don't have method of payment on the Aussie web site? At minimum I'd email them and ask. Using the wrong method of payment can delay things even more and you may never recover the initial method of payment!

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes Bob I was also thinking that if there is any issues with either the money or the form then including the money might complicate it. I think that I would have to send a bank check. I like the idea of sending them an email so I might try that first, thanks!

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1