Some Questions Regarding Getting Married For Aussie/kiwi?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: I think you may find, it has to be a personal visit to the embassy, there is an Oath Swearing part to the CNI application. I would certainly check on this. They will need to see your Passport as well, it is all about your first date of Entry and length of validity and of course Proof of your self.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Should I send the money with the form? I would say the only sensible way to send it is to use a bank check but I don't have a Philippine bank account, do I need one to get a bank check and what would the cost be roughly to get a AU $90 bank check? i would say it has to be AU so it's $90 exactly otherwise if I make it out in pesos then I think the amount changes daily according to what a peso to Au is on the day as the fees are here

It clearly says a Managers cheque in PHP 3,872.00 , you don't need a bank account to get that I believe. It also tells you the exchange rate that has been used and is current. :cheersty:

post-1-0-79224400-1348936813_thumb.jpg

THE ABOVE LIST REPRESENTS THE MOST COMMON FEES. DETAILS OF OTHER FEES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. IT IS REQUIRED THAT APPROPRIATE CONSULAR FEES BE PAID IN PHILIPPINE PESOS ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT RATE OF EXCHANGE.

Note: The exchange rate used for the purpose of Consular fees remains unchanged unless a variation of at least 3% occurs. It will therefore not necessarily equal the bankrate.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

:unsure: I think you may find, it has to be a personal visit to the embassy, there is an Oath Swearing part to the CNI application. I would certainly check on this. They will need to see your Passport as well, it is all about your first date of Entry and length of validity and of course Proof of your self.

hmm no I don't think so. Nothing to do with dates etc as it is a certificate saying a person is free to marry because they have no record of marriage in their own country. I got mine here in Australia before I went to the Philippines to marry.

I think you might be thinking of applying for the marriage licence ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I think you might be thinking of applying for the marriage licence ?

Not really, just remembering what a friend of mine went through last year. seems all countries have differing rules.

NOTE: Philippine law requires the CNI to be issued by the Embassy of the applicant's country of nationality in the Philippines. Documents issued in Australia or other countries are not acceptable to the Philippine authorities. (Source attached)

The Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) to Marriage, is not a requirement of Australian law. This is issued at the request of overseas countries seeking to ensure that a marriage involving Australian citizens, celebrated in that country, will also be recognised as a valid marriage by the Australian authorities.

http://www.australia...a/marriage.html

Just trying to help out here.

This was the part I was referring to

Australian citizens must complete an application for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage and lodge the completed form with the Consular section of the Australian Embassy in Manila. (source attached)

Reading the attached, it seems even the CNI is getting complicated now :unsure:

:) JP

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Just trying to help out here. This was the part I was referring to Australian citizens must complete an application for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage and lodge the completed form with the Consular section of the Australian Embassy in Manila. (source attached)

Yes but the applicant does not have to present their self as the CNI forms can be sent to the embassy and the CNI posted back to you.

If you would like the Embassy to post the CNI to you, please provide your mailing address. You should allow sufficient time for any postal delays.
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

and lodge the completed form with the Consular section of the Australian Embassy in Manila. (source attached)

I am certainly not, going to argue this subject BUT I think, you will find, the lodging of the documents will require a personal visit to the embassy. Which is what i said in the first place. :)

Always ready to be corrected of course. :unsure:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

thanks Jolly & Jack for the feedback.

yes from the info I have read you don't need to go to the embassy in Manila ( I live in Cebu) to get a CNI, you can post the printed form (available from the link I posted earlier) . My question is regarding the payment side of it which I think Jolly has cleared up.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

and lodge the completed form with the Consular section of the Australian Embassy in Manila. (source attached)

I am certainly not, going to argue this subject BUT I think, you will find, the lodging of the documents will require a personal visit to the embassy. Which is what i said in the first place. :)

I'm not arguing with you Jack, just quoting from the same page as you. I do know I never made a personal appearance anywhere but that was 6 years ago. :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'm not arguing with you Jack, just quoting from the same page as you. I do know I never made a personal appearance anywhere but that was 6 years ago. :tiphat:

Then peace be with us Boss, :thumbsup: I really only posted as my friend ( Australian) Had a lot of hassle with his CNI only 7/8 months ago. He ended up going to Manila to the Embassy. They would not accept the CNI he brought from Perth he also had to take a bundle of stuff about his Fiance. As we know, they move the Goal posts at will here, Lets hope, all goes well for the OP on this issue. :)

jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

Then peace be with us Boss, :thumbsup: I really only posted as my friend ( Australian) Had a lot of hassle with his CNI only 7/8 months ago. He ended up going to Manila to the Embassy. They would not accept the CNI he brought from Perth he also had to take a bundle of stuff about his Fiance. As we know, they move the Goal posts at will here, Lets hope, all goes well for the OP on this issue. :)

jack P. :tiphat:

You just answered the problem he had - the CNI has to be issued by the foreign Embassy/Consulate IN THE PHILIPPINIES.

Any documents issued overseas are not accepted.

• Like 3