Rugby Contact Cement

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

In case you have never used it ,give it a try, it is High-Strength, Water proof, Flexable contact cement use to cement rubber,wood plasic, glass,, canvas, tiles, metal, i first saw it when my carpenter was making some built in cabinets he use it to glue wood to cement walls than he used concrete nails, i used it to glue plastic screen to concrete, works great, will hold about anything to concrete, my neighbor glued curtain rod holders to concrete, works like a champ no drilling or anchors, you can get it at most hardware stores it is made in the philippines by Bostik

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

In case you have never used it ,give it a try, it is High-Strength, Water proof, Flexable contact cement use to cement rubber,wood plasic, glass,, canvas, tiles, metal, i first saw it when my carpenter was making some built in cabinets he use it to glue wood to cement walls than he used concrete nails, i used it to glue plastic screen to concrete, works great, will hold about anything to concrete, my neighbor glued curtain rod holders to concrete, works like a champ no drilling or anchors, you can get it at most hardware stores it is made in the philippines by Bostik

I also use it for face mounting the plastic electrical conduit to cement walls, been using it for years and have never had any conduit fall :thumbsup:

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Two words, Liquid Nail.

johnb
Posted
Posted

Two words, Liquid Nail.

Yes Liquid nail would work for conduit as would many other adhesives, but the two advantages of rugby are:

1] Its a contact adhesive, so once you've applied it to both services and its becomes touch dry, just put the conduit in place and its stuck, just run your wires. liquid nails does say that it can be used as a contact adhesive, but I personally wont use it for that purpose it takes sometime before it truly holds and stops sliding.

2] Cost, small bottle of rugby goes a long way for about 20p, tube of liquid nail costs 160p or more.

I've been building here since 2007 haven't found a better or more economical way of fixing conduit

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Two words, Liquid Nail.

Yes Liquid nail would work for conduit as would many other adhesives, but the two advantages of rugby are:

1] Its a contact adhesive, so once you've applied it to both services and its becomes touch dry, just put the conduit in place and its stuck, just run your wires. liquid nails does say that it can be used as a contact adhesive, but I personally wont use it for that purpose it takes sometime before it truly holds and stops sliding.

2] Cost, small bottle of rugby goes a long way for about 20p, tube of liquid nail costs 160p or more.

I've been building here since 2007 haven't found a better or more economical way of fixing conduit

You speak of conduit, is there steel conduit to be had in Cebu?

I prefer it to plastic in case of a short.

johnb
Posted
Posted

Two words, Liquid Nail.

Hi Bruce, i haven't seen steel conduit, mostly the solid orange pipe type conduit or flexible type tube is used in the walls or above the ceilings etc, with solid strip plastic conduit used for face mounting conduit to hide wiring, i guess you could use galvanized water pipe if you really want your cable in metal pipes, might be tricky on the corners as the 90 degree elbow joint is a bit sharp for feeding cables, personally I prefer the plastic

John

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Two words, Liquid Nail.

Hi Bruce, i haven't seen steel conduit, mostly the solid orange pipe type conduit or flexible type tube is used in the walls or above the ceilings etc, with solid strip plastic conduit used for face mounting conduit to hide wiring, i guess you could use galvanized water pipe if you really want your cable in metal pipes, might be tricky on the corners as the 90 degree elbow joint is a bit sharp for feeding cables, personally I prefer the plastic

John

Shame, I really prefer steel conduit and have a pipe bender that is useless to me otherwise.

• Like 1