Real Dairy ( Cow ) Milk

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Another item to add to my "How to Get Rich By Importing for Expats" venture. I've got hamburger and steaks, Dr. Pepper and now milk. (Anything else :cheersty: )

A lot of people in Asia are lactose intolerant, so maybe that's why it's difficult getting milk.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I wish I could AFFORD FRESH MILK. I too had the withdrawals of fresh Milk when I 1st left the conus 13yrs ago. After selecting & tasteing many various brands I have narrowed my"like" of what is good for my taste buds.

Have you tried that? checking out the UHT branded milk. see which one fits your "taste".

Yes I have drank some FRESH milk in the past few months

(,in the pint size as my child wanted something different,) I do taste the difference .tho now I am used to the UHT taste.

Hope that you find the Fresh milk product so you can have some of the creature comforts of home.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

I have checked at most places here in Cebu for fresh dairy ( cow ) milk.

I will keep looking.

Thanks

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have checked at most places here in Cebu for fresh dairy ( cow ) milk.

I will keep looking.

Thanks

S&R shopping(formerly known as pricesmart)

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

my wifes cousin my next door neighbor has dairy cattle, i hear them early in the morning when he is milking, he sells it to a local dairy but my son loves it and drinks it straight,

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I remember when UHT milk first hit the shelves here in Canada... I had bought some but wasn't crazy about the taste. Why? Because I was buying whole milk (3.25%) pasteurized and the UHT was 2%. When we switched back to pasteurized milk, the first bag we bought was a bag of 2% - it tasted the same as the UHT to us!

:mocking:

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I really miss proper milk or at least something that tastes like it instead of this crap you buy out in the provinces that they call fresh milk for 80 pesos or whatever, it had an expiry date of over a year so it's obviously not fresh milk but hey welcome to the Philippines where you can sell anything and call it what you like and no one would give a damn, you call it fresh milk and it is!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Perhaps a local entrepreneur in your area might produce fresh milk using a small, existing dairy operation. Japanese consumers started a unique partnership with growers/producers. They form buying cooperatives and the group then approaches farmers/producers. The concept is the members of the cooperative guarantees to purchase what is produced. What they are doing is cutting the middlemen. In Japan and the Philippines, the price difference between farmgate and store prices can be up to 90% of the retail price. (We only receive 10.9% for our mangos based on Manila retail prices.)

The system is the farmer/producer arranges date/time and pick-up point. It could be a parking or someone with a large, conveniently located garage. If there are fifty families who want fresh milk, the agreement might be every Sunday 8:00am to 11:00am. The system is prepay. If you fail to pick-up, that's your loss. The producer is guaranteed the sale, while the consumer is guaranteed freshness, quality and price. Both sides win

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cebu Dairies now supply most of the Malls with fresh milk and chocolate milk, the dairy is up Liloan way, went there a couple of years ago, when I had my bar I used to get it delivered every few days to sell on and use for milk shakes.

The milk is packaged in plastic 1 liter bottles with a green plastic screw top.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow, you are obviously not a milk drinker or you would never say that UHT milk is quite good. It doesn't taste anything like milk. When we were in Seattle, we would only buy milk at safeway, because they were the only ones that didn't sell all of their milk in plastic jugs, which also affects the taste. Man, I miss milk.

I disagree, I am a milk drinker but not by the glass, in coffee on my porridge or as flavored milk but my point is that UHT in a good brand is fine for that and ever since my poor old mum could not produce anymore since last year I weened myself off real milk. :)

• Like 3