Apature , Iso , & Shutter Speed Test Video Filmed In Canada Today !!

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

First off im sorry this video was shaky i was hand held at the time with my Panasonic hdc tm-55 camcorder , in this video i just wanted to point out why you need to get out of auto mode , here you will see by changing the aperture iso and shutter speed of you dslr or camcorder what you can get out of your photos or videos you will see as i change the setting on the camera what happens to the video , the same is for your still cameras too !!! , by the way there was no color corrections done only thing was adding the music !! hope you like this video !!! again sorry for the shaky video i was bbqing at the same time too LOL

I HOPE THIS HELP YOU !!!

i dont pretend to be an expert on all the things but if my video helps you out by getting out of auto mode and take better photo's or videos then i will be happy to help in anyway i can or point you in the right direction im still learning allot of this as i go nobody taught me im from the diy University everything i have learned its been from online or family members who are pro photographers !!

http://youtu.be/oiH5mt-ZQVg

anyway i hope you like My Video !!!

O-U-C

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank your sir ..... I used to use an old Cannon E manual SLR but got spoiled with the new "point and shoot" style cameras and I actually forgot about the great pictures and video's you can take with you making the adjustments ..... the thing I like about these new camera's like my Nikon Cool Pix is that you can take videos with them as well as still pictures ..... of course nothing professional like you do but still go just the same ....... by the way i watched your video's again as they all come up in YouTube if you push the button at the top of the page ..... some great stuff ..... thanks O-U-C ......

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

im glad you liked them mike !!! as for just point and shoots you can be surprised what you do do with them all of my pics that are posted on the forum are with a point and shoot and as far as me being a pro im no where near that but thanks for the great comment !!! photography and video is a passion of mine the camera i took this video with you can buy it for 300 $ now i paid double that when i bought it !!! i have seen pros take a cheap camera and make unreal shots its not necessarily the camera ( as pros say ) but the person behind the camera EVERYONE keep shooting either video or Photos i would love to see them !!!

thanks again mike for the nice comment !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Very nice demo. I have a Canon T3 which will do everything except cook rice. The problem is there are so many (almost too many) options that I have trouble remembering how to set them (disclaimer: old brain!) But still: amazing versatility.

• Like 3

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

thats the same thing with this camcorder i have so many options to change it is hard to remember what to do to get that look you want !! but as i posted i just do trial and error in manual mode , the t3 is a pretty good camera do you have the kit lens ? i want the canon 60d with 2 lenses sigma 17-50mm 1.8 and the 70-200 2.8 that will give me a huge range of distances great for portraits and wide angles for landscapes and both lenses are fixed aperture so no matter how much you zoom in you can still blow out the backgrounds !! plus the 17-50mm is great for video too i plan on using it with a Steadicam rig for moving shots ie. people walking , theres no shacking its butter smooth , it will help me take it too the next level and maybe start making music videos or scenery !!!

im glad you liked it !!!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

First off im sorry this video was shaky i was hand held at the time with my Panasonic hdc tm-55 camcorder , in this video i just wanted to point out why you need to get out of auto mode , here you will see by changing the aperture iso and shutter speed of you dslr or camcorder what you can get out of your photos or videos you will see as i change the setting on the camera what happens to the video , the same is for your still cameras too !!! , by the way there was no color corrections done only thing was adding the music !! hope you like this video !!! again sorry for the shaky video i was bbqing at the same time too LOL

I HOPE THIS HELP YOU !!!

i dont pretend to be an expert on all the things but if my video helps you out by getting out of auto mode and take better photo's or videos then i will be happy to help in anyway i can or point you in the right direction im still learning allot of this as i go nobody taught me im from the diy University everything i have learned its been from online or family members who are pro photographers !!

O-U-C

Hello O-U-C,

Great illustration on the difference of shutter speed and aperture. You even framed the sun using the

rules of thirds. Well done my friend!

If I may, I would like to add some of my experience when I was heavy into photography during the mid 70's.

Back then, buying high end equipment was pretty cheap, especially when purchased at a military PX store.

Anyway, if you need to take a shot when daylight is fading fast and now you're down to less than 1/60 of

a second (shutter speed), it is best to support the camera against a wall or table. Slower speeds require

a tripod or some other stationary platform.

Another tip I just recently stumbled upon is called white balance. If you have a menu in your camera, try to

play with the white balance adjustments. I was pleasantly surprised when I captured this image using shade

white balance: post-686-0-26016300-1347830744_thumb.jpg A shark basking in the morning Sun

Here's the link about white balance: http://www.cambridge...ite-balance.htm

• Like 4

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

great shot kuya jake and great advice too !!! yeah i tried to frame it right but as i said it was just a test video not meant to be in anything pro style !!! as for white balance in my video i had it set to cloudy its really amazing what can be done with dslr's today that why i want one so bad , i can great video with this camcorder but im limited as well !! i want to take my photography and video to the next level to become more pro but with this camera i have now but im limited in what i can do !! i wont sell this camera because I LOVE IT great for everyday shooting or just everyday use but its not a pro camera even the the canon 60d i want isnt pro but as i work toward my 5 year plan then i can get the pro gear i need to step it up even more !!!

thanks again kuya Jake !!

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
A shark basking in the morning Sun

Hummmmm ......... he must have quite basking and swam out'a the picture 'cause I can't see him anywhere ...... :th_unfair:

Well you guys can say what you want but I still miss my ol' Brownie ...... ooooops .... wait a minute ..... wrong board ...... sorry ..... :dance: :nudie:

• Like 2

Beachboy
Posted
Posted (edited)
Steadicam rig

OMG -- there's a big subculture of steadycamers on YouTube -- a long way from Point and Shoot .. haha.

I have two lenses for the T3 -- a 18-55 and a 75-300 ... both amazing. NO one makes lenses like the Japanese. I favor the longer telephoto because I want to do nature photography in the Phils -- maybe even a book to promote tourism (or maybe not since that seems like a lot of work .. haha).

I'm attempting a link to two photos taken with the 75-300. They are from a distance of about 300 yards .. taken of body surfers .. feels like you're actually in the water. (P.S. took me 5 minutes to get the camera adjusted correctly .. haha) :bash:

BodySurMakapuuf2-6x4.jpg

BodySurfingMakapuu1_4x6.jpg

Edited by Beachboy
  • Like 4

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
Steadicam rig

OMG -- there's a big subculture of steadycamers on YouTube -- a long way from Point and Shoot .. haha.

I have two lenses for the T3 -- a 18-55 and a 75-300 ... both amazing. NO one makes lenses like the Japanese. I favor the longer telephoto because I want to do nature photography in the Phils -- maybe even a book to promote tourism (or maybe not since that seems like a lot of work .. haha).

I'm attempting a link to two photos taken with the 75-300. They are from a distance of about 300 yards .. taken of body surfers .. feels like you're actually in the water. (P.S. took me 5 minutes to get the camera adjusted correctly .. haha) :bash:

BodySurMakapuuf2-6x4.jpg

BodySurfingMakapuu1_4x6.jpg

great shots my friend !!! the 2 lenses i want are sigma also made in japan and about half the cost of the nikon or canon l lenses but still have great quality !!! i plan on a few photo shoots next time im in the phils i already talk to the wife about it and were going to mt tagapo on tamlim island camp over night and take portraits of her wearing traditional dresses on the mountain overlooking Laguna de bay and i plan on having her then show the pics to her office mates , then i will take there photos for free with the condition they post it on there facebook with a link to me or i will watermark the shot then when ever there friends want a portrait done i will charge them !!! my cousin in alberta also offered me a job shooting with her she has her own studio so i have that option as well but before i decide that i want to get some of my own gear and get some shots and video under my belt , i also want to shoot resort shots and video in the phils i have big plans but i have to start small first and work my way up !!!

your camera the t3i is great especially with the 70-300 mm lens because its a dx camera and the crop factor at 1.6 for the canon gives you even more zoom so really at 300 mm its more like 400 mm what is the aperture of your lens ?? f4-6 ?

as for the glidecam i want will help with video like taking videos of resorts !! or weddings , i know theres a huge community of glidecamers on youtube also viemo too theres a guy that i follow his youtube channel is called devensupertramp he actually messaged me one day this guy has 500 000 subscribers and 90 million views on his page , so im taking the bull by the horns and slowly starting to make my dream come true !! , if i had one piece of advice to give to you and you want to promote Tourism in the Phils with your shots JUST DO IT !!! go for it !!! if its something you love taking Photos then take them then offer the resort them for free with the exception that next time you charge them or get free executive room and meals for free barter can also help anyway i have rambled enough hahaha

take care

• Like 2