Apature , Iso , & Shutter Speed Test Video Filmed In Canada Today !!

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
sigma also made in japan and about half the cost of the nikon or canon
I actually have "cheapie" Canon lenses (Costco Special) .. probably the same quality as the Sigma's. The 75-300 is an f4.0 and the 18-55 f3.5. Speaking of resorts, thought of this idea of setting up a website to review hotels and restaurants and then trade favorable reviews for free rooms and meals. Nice life if you can get it! Oh, tell your wife's friends I can remove watermarks for a small fee (haha)
  • Like 4

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i thought about the same but with bars or night clubs in manila because i know allot of great places that are cheap and the website would be more for the budget traveler but still nice enough for a nice evening out with the lady :) if your lenses are the ef models or the costco specials trust me my friend there not like the sigmas the 17-50 mm sigma cost 800 $ and the 70-200mm is around 1500 $ these are fixed aperture so no matter how much you zoom the aperture will stay the same !!! i have done allot of research on this and for the price and quality the sigma cant be beat except for the canon L lenses or the nikon's LOL about removing the watermark i will make sure its right a cross the whole picture but give it your best shot my friend hahaha joke !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

i thought about the same but with bars or night clubs in manila because i know allot of great places that are cheap and the website would be more for the budget traveler but still nice enough for a nice evening out with the lady :) if your lenses are the ef models or the costco specials trust me my friend there not like the sigmas the 17-50 mm sigma cost 800 $ and the 70-200mm is around 1500 $ these are fixed aperture so no matter how much you zoom the aperture will stay the same !!! i have done allot of research on this and for the price and quality the sigma cant be beat except for the canon L lenses or the nikon's LOL about removing the watermark i will make sure its right a cross the whole picture but give it your best shot my friend hahaha joke !!!

Now you're talkin' -- I just fell in love with your lens! I didn't realize how big it was

until I found out It requires a 77mm filter. Very sexy!

post-686-0-59195500-1347940215_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yeah jake and in canada sigma offers a 10 year warranty so its a great deal for the price the same lenses from canon will will cost around $ 1600 so i save half the cost but yes its not as great quality as the canon lenses but its still comparable, its a foot in the door as they say !!! and as i progress i will get better glass !! ( lenses ) as a young man i always dreamed of traveling for national geographic on photo shoot but i gave that up a long time ago to work to make a living , but the passion still burns in me and im at the age where i cant do the physical work i have been doing for the last 20 years so i will slowly phase out my work now as a forklift driver to what i really dream of doing !!!

• Like 1

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
costco specials trust me my friend there not like the sigmas
Goodness. Your lenses cost more than my fine automobile (1996 Corolla .. haha). Seriously, aren't you a bit uneasy hauling the expensive equipment around the Phils? I'm worry about using my Costco Canon (and that "only" cost $750 including the lenses). :cheersty:
  • Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

well im sure it will play in my mind you have to always worry about that when you haul around anything of value but i do plan on having insurance in case something happens at least im covered of course i will get that from home , but i dont have any gear yet so before my next trip i will make sure i have that insurance !!! if somebody wants to rob me of my camera gear go a head just let me have my sd card LOL , i have great neighbors and friends in the Phils they wont let anything happens to me , honestly i dont worry to much about that thing coz it can happen anywhere here back home !! as i said i dont have all the gear i want , my next thing is the camera i want , then the sigma 17-50 mm then a good tripod and glidecam , then next year i will work toward getting my 70-200 mm 2.8 and maybe a small jib or a track slider and maybe the year after that go for a pro body ( camera body jake LOL ) which can range from $2000- $6800 depending on the model , the pro body i want is the canon 5d mark 3 and thats around $3000 too much right now for me , when im not a pro !!! so a little bit at a time i will grow my gear !! as i get better and better move up to better equipment !! so i can make better video and stills !!! :)

• Like 1

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a good plan. (To speed things up, just steal the company forklift and sell it .. just kidding). You may have seen it already, but on Facebook I follow a page called "I Travel Philippines." Everyday they display just one incredible place after another. Tonight I was looking at the Batanes Islands -- amazing. The country could really benefit from organized Photo Safaris. Most people are clueless. All they know of the Philippines is the Manila slums and floods. I can't wait to see some of these places. Regarding SD cards I'm thinking about renting some serious on-line "cloud" storage. When is your next trip? :cheersty: