Translate Joke/article

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

this was from philstar-the freeman.

I am curious of what it says,or means

OVERHEARD. A department store sales clerk was heard telling someone that she was warned by management after she was reported as saying:

“Ang uyab sa anak sa akong amo mahalon og cell phone apan di kamao mo txt.” Asked why, she said: “Di man kamao mo suwat, so voice call lang pirme.”

(if a cell phone holder can’t write, she or he can’t text, right?)

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=850519&publicationSubCategoryId=109

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Nope!

the shop assistant was derisive towards the bf/gf of the shopowners daughter/son for having a fancy mobile phone but doesnt know how to use the text facility so was forced to always used the voice call. Translated directly, she said,

"my boss daughter/son gf/bf have an expensive cell phone but doesnt know how to text." Asked why, she said: "he/she doesnt know how to write so have to use voice call always."

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
"my boss daughter/son gf/bf have an expensive cell phone but doesnt know how to text." Asked why, she said: "he/she doesnt know how to write so have to use voice call always."

I know how to write, but never learned to text. If someone sends me a text message on my Philippine mobile, I use the voice mode in response. It upsets a few because the price is much higher using voice. My US mobile is programmed not to accept text messages. Especailly during an election year, you receive Robo Calls from politicians and political groups. While all our phone numbers are in the DO NOT CALL government list, politicial messages are exempt because of freedom of speech. Of course, the real reason is politicians passed the DO NOT CALL law.

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Ha ha …….. I know the feeling.

Im technologically challenged so I don’t know how to text and hardly use the text facility. I can count on my fingers the times I used text. And when I used text, it takes me ages to send a short message :no: . Its not help with the mobiles too small keys for my pudgy fingers or read with my bat eyes. It’s a lot easier for me to just use the voice call. Hassle free :)

Unfortunately, I usually leave my mobile inside my bag and most of the time I cannot hear it ringing (I should really adjust the volume- :) ). One time, while we were at the market, my son rings me to let me know they are all waiting for me at the agreed meeting point. As I didn’t hear my phone ringing I was taking my time shopping. He was so infuriated with me, told me what is the use of me having a mobile phone when I hardly send text or picked any calls. :no: :lol:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I know how to write, but never learned to text. If someone sends me a text message on my Philippine mobile, I use the voice mode in response. It upsets a few because the price is much higher using voice.

Honestly JJ and Ashanti

Look and try as nothing can go wrong. It is so simple to do and if you play with the phone you will soon know how to use it.

Most phones will have a message icon, select it, then it will say create new or inbox. If in box it will show a list of messages, press open which is usually the big button in the center of the phone, but could be different for touch screen phones but anyway then you see "reply", same button. Add text and push send.

This might be different in some phones but if you push things and see what comes up you will learn real quick. if you can add posts here you can send SMS.

You have not been charged for words of encouragement :)

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ha ha …….. I know the feeling.

Im technologically challenged so I don’t know how to text and hardly use the text facility. I can count on my fingers the times I used text. And when I used text, it takes me ages to send a short message :no: . Its not help with the mobiles too small keys for my pudgy fingers or read with my bat eyes. It’s a lot easier for me to just use the voice call. Hassle free :)

Unfortunately, I usually leave my mobile inside my bag and most of the time I cannot hear it ringing (I should really adjust the volume- :) ). One time, while we were at the market, my son rings me to let me know they are all waiting for me at the agreed meeting point. As I didn’t hear my phone ringing I was taking my time shopping. He was so infuriated with me, told me what is the use of me having a mobile phone when I hardly send text or picked any calls. :no: :lol:

Ask him to put phone an vibrate and ring for you, you might feel it vibrating or making more noise inside your bag. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
Ask him to put phone an vibrate

Or as some would say, "Pleasure Mode"

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
Ask him to put phone an vibrate

Or as some would say, "Pleasure Mode"

Yep, you're definitely on my naughty list......he, he.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
Ask him to put phone an vibrate and ring for you, you might feel it vibrating or making more noise inside your bag.

Ask him to put it on vibrate and then keep it in your bra instead of your handbag. :lol:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

newest joke i have seen, could someone please translate?

thanks again

GUARD. An Ear informer got into a taxi at the taxi stand at the airport. She then noticed an airport security guard go near the driver. “Nagstorya sila then nikuha ang driver og P10 para ihatag sa guard,” the informer said.

DEMAND. “Pero wala dawata sa guard ang P10 kay ni demand nga P20 lang ang ihatag sa driver.

No choice ang driver but to give in to the demand,” the informer said.

“Kuhaon unta to nako ang pangalan sa guard pero nawala man sya ug kalit. Mangayo diay na ang mga guard sa airport sa mga taxi drivers?” she asked.

http://www.philstar.com/freeman-opinion/2012-12-23/889266/demanding-airport-security-guard