13A Visa

Philnz
Posted
Posted

Hi

Will I need a chest xray and full medical to convert a balikbayan visa to a 13A visa?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Unless they have changed the requirements I didn't when I got mine almost 5 years ago ..... some where on here I believe I posted the exact requirements and what you need to get your 13A ...... let me see if I can find it and re post it for you ...... OK here you go ...... prices may have changed but should be in the ball park ..... after 10 months you will need to file for you 13A permanent ...... they will give you that info if you ask when you apply for you 13A temporary .... it is a 2 part procedure .... I understand if you file outside the Philippines you do not have to do the temporary .....

Philippines Temporary Resident Visa (13A)

The 13A Resident Visa is issued to (a) restricted nationals who are legally married to Filipino citizens; and (b) their unmarried children under 21 years old, to legally live in the Philippines for one year and extend for two years at the Bureau of Immigration.

Requirements

1. Notarized letter of application by the Filipino spouse

2. Accomplished and Notarized General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)

3. NSO authenticated copy of the Filipino spouse’s birth certificate

4. NSO authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract (if married in the Philippines); or Philippine Embassy or Consulate authenticated copy of the Marriage Contract (if married abroad)

5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate

6. Photocopy of the foreign spouse’s passport showing the date of arrival and authorized period to stay

Fees in Pesos

1. Upon Filing

Application 1,010

Express Lane 500

BI Clearance 1,010

1. Upon Implementation

ACR and Form 1,050

Change of Status 600

Passport Visa 200

CRTV and Form 1,450

Implementation 1,000

Legal Research 50

Head Tax 250

Express Fee 500

Express cert. 500

Benefits

- Can obtain employment in the Philippines

- Can lease real property

- Can own personal property

- Can qualify for Filipino citizenship after five years of residence in the country

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice Mike!

All the information you need on a 13 class visa can be found here: http://immigration.g...id=26&Itemid=35

Edited by I am bob
thanked the wrong person... oops!

Americano
Posted
Posted

I believe I have read on some forum that a Medical Exam is required but when I got my 13A earlier this year in Cebu no medical was required that I remember. Its possible someone filled out a medical exam form for me and didn't tell me. LTO has filled out a medical exam form for me two times for a Driver License but never examined me. I hope that answers your question.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I noticed that the link I posted is broken - I think I did that myself when I edited a few minutes ago. Bur right now the Philippine Immigration site is down so I will have to wait until later to fix it. Anyone wants to go check it out, just google 13a visa philippines and google will give you the page you need... If it's not still down!

TheMason
Posted
Posted

The medical exam and chest x-ray is required if you apply for the for the 13a in your home country. If you apply in the Philippines, it is not required. The benefit to filing in your home country is you are issued a permanent visa to start with, you don't have to be on probation for a year and then re-apply for permanent 13a.

I think financial info is also required of you file in your home country but not if you file in the Philippines.

This was the case back in 2008 when I was applying for mine.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hmmm... I noticed that the link I posted is broken - I think I did that myself when I edited a few minutes ago. Bur right now the Philippine Immigration site is down so I will have to wait until later to fix it. Anyone wants to go check it out, just google 13a visa philippines and google will give you the page you need... If it's not still down!

The link is not broken, it does not show in full on the forum but it is there. The BI site is down. More fun in the Philippines.

Grumpy Jollygoodfellow :)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
The link is not broken, it does not show in full on the forum but it is there. The BI site is down. More fun in the Philippines. Grumpy Jollygoodfellow

And I had just on their site when I put the link up a minute or so before that! Hmmm... Maybe I was the reason they went down? oh oh....

:mocking:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Philnz
Posted
Posted

I just got my 13A here in New Zealand. Had to do a full medical including chest x-ray. It is only good for 12 months. The Philippine embassy issued it but put all my documents into a sealed bag which I must hand to Immigration at Manila Airport.

It looks like I will only have a probationary visa even though I got it in NZ.

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

The requirements are posted on the BOI website, but things can change and it may not be the same requirements in Davao as in Manila, this has nothing to do with the BOI, it is the people running the show, my brother in law just got his in Davao, took only a month, and did not have to renew while processing his visa as long as he had 20 days left on his extension, there is a sign in the front no fixing, but the person who did his interview offered him fast approvial for P8000

• Like 1