Wet

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just watched the video... And it brought back some memories! (No, I didn't get to do any combat runs like that... hehe!)

My very first flight was in a CF-104 dual... Well, it was almost a flight. I was going up for a quick test flight so I could see how the aircraft wasn't properly responding to the auto-pilot... At the end of the runway, the pilot had just hit the AB when there was a large bang and I heard over the intercom "Bail... Bail... Bail..." - in other words get out but do not eject. Blew the engine right out the back end! The next flight was a test because the pilot couldn't get to Mach 1 and the shaker and kicker were both firing for no reason. That was interesting... After finally figuring out the issue, back up I went. Mach 2 point something through the Alps was a great way to enjoy my first and only speed run!

:mocking:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Just watched the video... And it brought back some memories! (No, I didn't get to do any combat runs like that... hehe!)

My very first flight was in a CF-104 dual... Well, it was almost a flight. I was going up for a quick test flight so I could see how the aircraft wasn't properly responding to the auto-pilot... At the end of the runway, the pilot had just hit the AB when there was a large bang and I heard over the intercom "Bail... Bail... Bail..." - in other words get out but do not eject. Blew the engine right out the back end! The next flight was a test because the pilot couldn't get to Mach 1 and the shaker and kicker were both firing for no reason. That was interesting... After finally figuring out the issue, back up I went. Mach 2 point something through the Alps was a great way to enjoy my first and only speed run!

:mocking:

The back seat canopy would have been covered with fresh barf if I was strapped in the back.

I mean, I could hang with the best of them on extreme roller coasters but pulling any G's would

definitely make my bowel movement slip and slide......he, he.

Jake
Posted
Posted

The video below is a rendition of the actual splash of two Libyan MIG-23 back in 1989. Actual conversation

between lead F-14 pilot, airborne traffic controller and Alfa Bravo (fleet admiral) was embedded in this video.

Years later, I was on board the Carl Vison (Nimitz class) and had the extreme pleasure of meeting one of the

naval aviators. One thing was immediate.....all fighter pilots have that killer instinct. And this particular pilot

definitely had some sexy curves. I wish I could remember her call sign.

For all I know -- a call sign WET SPOT would be appropriate....he, he.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the video Jake. I really enjoyed watching it. It reminded me of the movie Behind Enemy Lines where the F-14 Tomcat was trying to avoid getting hit by a couple of SAMS, Surface to Air Missiles. In that movie you can see and heard the high speed of the jet and the missiles as they go screaming by. Behind Enemy Lines is one of my favorite moves. I have it in my DVD collection and I recommend it to everyone who likes this video. It has very good acting and special effects and its based on a true story.

Lets see, Jake gets a regular peepee whacking and his balls glow in the dark. How do you take so much pain? Was that part of your Navy training?

Speaking of whackin' and navy training (do you see how I try to remain relevant....he, he), the cardinal rule

during my early days in the fleet navy was NOT to get caught whackin' off. Nearly impossible when you're

nuts to butts with every swinging d_ick. Talk about all the funky smell.......he, he.

However, if you get up to the ranks of old salty chief petty officers -- we simply didn't care anymore. This

is a no chitter story: my best friend and fellow chief sleeping beneath me (I had the top rack) decided one

night to use one of my socks. The only way I knew that was putting on my socks and boondocks as I ran

up to the bridge, already late for watch. For 5 hours straight, with each and every step, my left foot felt the

moist, sticky sensation.

But like a good sailor, I got him back......he, he.

Sounds like too much male bonding to me, hehe. I prefer sleeping close to the other sex.

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My favorite F-14 dog fight.

• Like 1