Sand Trap Banilad Cebu City

Hi guy's just thought I would let you all know about this weeks offer from the sand trap. Last night I got a group of 10 people together to have the set menu. We all met at 7 pm had some drinks before sitting down to dinner.

The menu includes a couple of glasses of wine, hummus with pita, soup, salad, main course ( I had Ostrich steak, prawn dish available ) finished off with cheese cake ( choice from 4 flavours ). 800 peso per head.

At the end we all agreed that the chef needed to come to the table to be congratulated as we had a great time and the food and wine was excellent!

I am pretty well known for being harsh on places for their food and lack of taste/quality, but I have to say the Sandtrap is for sure trying its hardest to make the grade and in the last few weeks I have had many good things from their menu.

A must try even though not on the menu, is the pesto pizza, great beer food!!!!

Ps: This is the first time I have recommended the sand trap for food and I have been going there for over 6 years.

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Umm gotta disagree, my wife & I ate there a few months ago, we both ordered pizza( 2 different types). The verdict was unamious, it was the worst pizza either of us had ever had. Way undercooked & tastless.

I am pretty well known for being harsh on places for their food and lack of taste/quality, but I have to say the Sandtrap is for sure trying its hardest to make the grade and in the last few weeks I have had many good things from their menu. A must try even though not on the menu, is the pesto pizza, great beer food!!!! Ps: This is the first time I have recommended the sand trap for food and I have been going there for over 6 years.

Perhaps there's been a change of chef/management Bil Brock?

• Forum Manager

Umm gotta disagree, my wife & I ate there a few months ago, we both ordered pizza( 2 different types). The verdict was unamious, it was the worst pizza either of us had ever had. Way undercooked & tastless.

I think the OP and Paul are talking about the past few weeks so it seems there has been a change in recent times so a few months back may not be the same case now. I will ask Dave and Donna to check it out next time they are in Cebu.

:nudie:

I would have to agree with you! But as I said over the last few weeks!!!!! That was my point!