What Airlines Do You Guys Prefer?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Cathay Pacific for the long haul from San Fransico to Hong Kong. Then we go Cebu Pacific Hong Kong to Manila Terminal 3. Reason for split airlines is we like to stay in Hong Kong for a few days before heading back.

I am 5'10" Economy seats are a bit tight to me. A few Temazapam with a drink or two knocks me out pretty good. :cheersty:

volstateguy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like Korean Air. I used them a couple times when I was stationed in Germany and I plan to use them when I fly from the states. They have great inflight service and flying from Germany I could fly straight into Cebu with only one layover in Seoul....thus avoiding the hassle of Manila Airport. Also with only one layover, total travel time was only about 20-21 hours.

Edited by volstateguy

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted (edited)

can anyone tell me their experience with asiana or singapore airlines?

asiana has the best roundtrip ticket right now leaving on january; from san francisco. I flew asiana before, but i dont remember my experience.

Singapore has the cheapest for one way for jan.

I'm shock EVA is not the cheapest. Looks like their low prices are when you buy the ticket a month before your ideal departure.

Maybe i have to wait :th_hu:

Edited by buttercup1984

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

When it comes to flying, I tend to do Economy inside the US but anything outside would be Premium (not First).

When it comes the Philippines though, I had done Cathy Pacific to Manila before and they were not super, but OK. I am going to Cebu, from the US, next month and have booked on Cathy Pacific. They got the cheapest and least time I could find for a Premium.

However, I am not sure which airlines to do to fly out of Cebu to Sydney? They all stop in Manila! Might attempt trying Philippines Airlines but I read any Philis based air lines would not follow international safety guidelines?

I checked all the airlines that you guys have mentioned, didn't see any that beat Cathy Pacific both, in price or time? But I have added them to my Philis database incase things get different in the future.

Hint: if you have air miles, you'd have more options in picking the where from flight. Hawaii? New York? Los Angles? Or? It cost the same inlands but might be cheaper from there depending on destination. Also, it depends on when and how early you book any flight. The earlier, the more options of course.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Japan Air for sure i have used Delta,United, Eva,Korean, Japan Air food and drinks all you want and not the cheap stuff

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

can anyone tell me their experience with asiana or singapore airlines?

asiana has the best roundtrip ticket right now leaving on january; from san francisco. I flew asiana before, but i dont remember my experience.

Singapore has the cheapest for one way for jan.

I'm shock EVA is not the cheapest. Looks like their low prices are when you buy the ticket a month before your ideal departure.

Maybe i have to wait :th_hu:

I flew Asiana from Seoul to Auckland in 2007 and remember the service being excellent. They are Korean's other major airline and I would put them right up there with Korean Air. However I've never checked their prices from the states to the Philippines because they do not fly out of any cities close to me.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Singapore Airlines was on par with Cathay Pacific when I flew with them 6 months ago. I would use either one and actually did use SA outbound and CP on return. The reasons for my preference of CP are price and destination. CP flies Van to Cebu while SA had me going through San Francisco. And CP has seat sales at a moderate to good price more often than SA. But I would definitely take SA if the price was better and the routing was good.

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

My last trip was Cathay Pacific directly out of LAX...my 2nd time using this airline...walked up to counter with my wife and they greeted me with..."Hello Sir" The agent being Asian herself tilted her head up to speak to me....(being 6'9" I get that alot :lol: @ me)..."I see you do not have Exit Row seating...let me check for you...ohhh I see we can accomodate you and your wife".

As this happens most everytime I fly I know the drill...I was thinking about it then I thought to ask..."Is there an additional cost for this?"..."Yes Sir...only $100US for each leg of your trip"...Doing the math it came to $400US additional cost as we had connections in HK. I declined so we could put $400US more to use in PI for the family.

I also knew that I could partake of 1/2 of my wife's seat/space...plus I select the window seat to give me a few more inches of space and a place to lay my head (my head is over the top of the seats so nothing there for me to avail my head against...I do get a nice view of the cabin looking forward tho' :lol:).

These sort of situations come with the territory so to speak and I seem to always manage the lack of space and make the best of it...a small sacrafice for the greater glory my visit offers...

Of course I do reward myself with those to-die-for massages once I get to where I am going. :565:

Philippines Or Bust March 2013!

Cheers~~

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

How do our Australian expats do Cebu to Sydney?

This is the first time I am doing it from the Philippines so, I am a newbie here. I can't believe Philippine Airlines is the only choice?

johnb
Posted
Posted

My Favorite airline was always Emerites but generally I just accept the cheapest airline ticket to my destination, I will be flying back to the UK with Cathay Pacific in ten days time, they just charged me 100 pound to change my flight :th_unfair: