What Airlines Do You Guys Prefer?

tiger31
Posted
Posted

can anyone tell me their experience with asiana or singapore airlines?

asiana has the best roundtrip ticket right now leaving on january; from san francisco. I flew asiana before, but i dont remember my experience.

Singapore has the cheapest for one way for jan.

I'm shock EVA is not the cheapest. Looks like their low prices are when you buy the ticket a month before your ideal departure.

Maybe i have to wait :th_hu:

yes asiana are very good all round they won aisian airline of the year award the past 2 years

Curley
Posted
Posted
My Favorite airline was always Emerites

Emirates put their seats 10 across whereas the industry norm is 9 so you get less width in your seat.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

How do our Australian expats do Cebu to Sydney?

This is the first time I am doing it from the Philippines so, I am a newbie here. I can't believe Philippine Airlines is the only choice?

I always fly Singapore airlines but that is Brisbane to Cebu but same deal Sydney Online booking no problem, all planes new about 2 years ago. Service fine, seating fine as with the new planes if you choose the isle then they are only two seater's so if traveling alone you don't have two others to bother you. I always choose near the back of the plane and often had both seats to myself.

The plane stops in Singapore and then you board Silk Air which is owned by them and no problem.

:thumbsup:

just to add since I now comprehend that you are going the other way, you will book with Silk air.

http://www.silkair.com/SAA-flow.form?execution=e2s1

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

One thing to remember... Depending on what city you will fly out of will determine what kind of aircraft you will fly on. So for the same airline you may experience great comfort or kind of cramped depending on your departure point. So - before you book that ticket because somebody said it was the best airline - check to see what kind of aircraft they use on that route and if you will be comfortable on it for the configuration they offer!

Hint - some companies cheat on the standards listed and make smaller rows than published or skimp on lower classes legroom to bring out a nicer upgraded class.

Bottom line? Don't just compare airlines but aircraft too if you want to find out if that is really the best deal!

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted

BoB,

It's def. one of the main things i look for...the aircraft their using for the longer flight. i.e. san francisco to the first stop over...which is usually 12-15 hour flight.

I know i dont have the problems with some of you guys being taller and need bigger legroom. But I have restless leg syndrome which is why i need as much space as i can. It sucks and i have no control over it lol

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jolly!

I am in the process of checking http://www.silkair.c...?execution=e2s1.

Bob.

Usually, I tend to not check 'short' trips coz these airlines could throw any plane on that route no matter how much checking I do in the last minute. I only concentrate on the long haul ones coz it's a lot more difficult.

They can abuse me with the short trips :bash:

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted
They can abuse me with the short trips

HaHa i agree

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree too! On short flights it's not worth the bother.. I look for the cheapest and the fastest.

When I finally get to move to my new "home", I have around 26 hours flying time so I definitely want to check for leg room then!

As for roaming legs? I was once on a flight with a young lady who had roaming legs... I thought it was kind of nice... But my ex didn't think so....!!! :mocking:

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder... Why would your X think otherwise of a flight that was nice!?

Ah... you meant the legs of the woman and not the flight's! :mocking:

Men!! They never stop acting themselves!

Edited by Zanby
  • Like 1

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted
As for roaming legs? I was once on a flight with a young lady who had roaming legs...

roaming legs? what the hell is that! i said restless leg syndrome lmao

• Like 1