What Airlines Do You Guys Prefer?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
As for roaming legs? I was once on a flight with a young lady who had roaming legs...

roaming legs? what the hell is that! i said restless leg syndrome lmao

I won't tell them the difference if you don't...! :as-if: :mocking:

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Delta is very good because of short layovers and all you can drink in flight with good food

Cathay Is good but long transfers on the way back but they do fly into cebu no problems with drinks

Korean is good they serve lots of drinks feed you and shut off the lights and let you sleep

Air canada is a night mare the staff act like there are buying you drinks and the food sucks

Virgin Air the best period to bad they have limited service to asia

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Air canada is a night mare the staff act like there are buying you drinks and the food sucks

Gee... I always thought that on Air Canada, they drank too many drinks before they served anyone... :mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Cathay Is good  but long transfers on the way back but they do fly into cebu no problems with drink

Thank you!!!!

Just rechecked my mother's itinerary after your comment and they have her staying overnight in Hong Kong. Its not a huge problem but I am going to get her to find out who pays for the hotel or if they expect her to sit in the airport all night. Any ideas about that?

buttercup1984
Posted
Posted
Thank you!!!! Just rechecked my mother's itinerary after your comment and they have her staying overnight in Hong Kong. Its not a huge problem but I am going to get her to find out who pays for the hotel or if they expect her to sit in the airport all night. Any ideas about that?

When my cousin flew to philippines last november he had to stay overnight in taiwan...they made him go through immigration, get his baggage and wait at the airport. good thing they had lounge chairs at the airport for sleeping. next morning went through security and had to checked his baggage again....hope you mother doesn't have to go through that

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I believe they will give you a room but they don,t advertise it and you have to ask at the cathay desk if they are open . I didn,t ask as I had plans to keep me busy for the 20+ hour layover . the main reason I took the flight is because it flys into Cebu .

• Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Gee... I always thought that on Air Canada, they drank too many drinks before they served anyone... :mocking:

Air Canada is the worst airline ever as you know the prices are way out there. to fly across Canada costs more than across the world and there union is so strong the employees could care less about customer service or being polite . Government has to uphold the airline all the time

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know about Cathay's policy but some airlines will give you a hotel room, others have a lounge area where you can get a private "closet" with a cot, some just a lounge area with recliners and others leave you in the airport proper to wonder "why isn't my son here to pick me up" and asking where you went wrong. It might be an idea to call or email CP to find out what they can do for your mom.

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

In general, if one goes thru customs and immigration, he/she has entered that country.

You might think it's for an overnight stay at a hotel room but double check then verify and then be prepared to sleep at the airport lounge ... if they had one :mocking:

Otherwise, it would definitely be on those lovely chairs ... if they had any, again. :bash:

Edited by Zanby
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

In general, if one goes thru customs and immigration, he/she has entered that country.

You might think it's for an overnight stay at a hotel room but double check then verify and then be prepared to sleep at the airport lounge ... if they had one :mocking:

Otherwise, it would definitely be on those lovely chairs ... if they had any, again. :bash:

Some airports have transit hotels in the secure airport transit area. No customs / immigration involved. I used the showers at this one in Taipei for about $10. I think you can get a room for 4 hours for about $30 but I don't know what a longer stay costs.

http://www.taipeiairporthotel.com/evergreen-airside-transit-hotel

• Like 1