Allied Shipping

Will
Posted
Posted

Anybody have any experience with shipping from the US to PI using Allied Shipping/Moving Company? I tried a search but found nothing. Thanks.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am just starting to look for a shipper myself... hope we get some answers here :tiphat:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

we have an basic estimate from them,,,they will be coming by at the end of oct to give us a quote. talking to the guy, they will pack, do the paper work, clear customs, and deliver the container to our front door. approx time 30-40 days. cost? 6-9 k usd. will keep u posted tuka

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Could I just take 10 suitcases with me on the plane?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

thats what i would like to do,,but i am married and have no say in the matter,,,,,nough said? lol

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Could I just take 10 suitcases with me on the plane?

Not sure if they would allow that but I know more than 1 guy who shipped all his stuff in 10 or so balikbayan boxes.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

we shipped all of our stuff door to door in 59 LBC boxes and one double box that cost $250. The LBC boxes cost $60 each and were delivered door to door. The reason for the double box is that I wanted my office chair.

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

We have a bedroom suite and dining room that aint gonna get folded into any balikbayan box. Supposed to get quote back tomorrow... i will let you know what they say.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well I am single, and not Filipino so no balikbayan boxes for me. So I will see how the shipping companies compare

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well I am single, and not Filipino so no balikbayan boxes for me. So I will see how the shipping companies compare

I think you can still send the BB boxes if you have an address to ship to. Please somebody correct me if I am wrong. If you don't use boxes because you may be hit with duties / taxes when shipping using other methods.

My boxes are addressed to my girlfriend but I never got the impression that it would have been an issue if I put myself as both shipper and receiver.

• Like 1