Acer W500 Tablet

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I got my tablet back today from Acer and they did change the screen out and thank god they didn't reformat my machine again ..... what a pain putting everything back to the way you like it ..... it actually works better than it did when it was new as far as the touch screen goes .....

BUT ..... as I only have 2 months left on my warranty I asked what it would cost to replace the screen again should it happen down the road ...... P6000 just for the screen ..... damn I hope it doesn't go out again ...... :cheersty:

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

Next time, maybe you should consider a better brand.

Acer is problematic at best and I am only saying this in this manner so as not to cause friction.

Rather than recommend a brand, I would rather suggest to you that you Google product comparisons for what ever product you buy and you can usually find a good deal on what you want without sacrificing quality.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Brucewayne ... I thank you for your comments ...... and please don't worry about causing friction ....... however I can assure you that I don't buy anything with out researching it completely which can take days not hours ..... as far as Acer goes it is up to the individual as to what brands they like or have ..... I personally have 3 Acers and one Emachine (made by Acer) ..... when I bought my W500 there were only about 2-3 companies that offered Windows in a tablet form and after reading the reviews and comparing the prices for what you get I decided on the Acer ..... I didn't want the other types of Operating systems as they offer nothing but a way to surf the net and call your friends on an expensive toy as other brands of tablets tend to be..... at least with Windows I can do production work ..... download and use USB devices .....

Oh and by the way my first Acer is over 12 years old and my eMachine is 10 .... I was not complaining about the tablet itself just the touchscreen and anytime you buy into new technology there are going to be bugs and the Acer W500 with the C-60 processor had just come out .... I also just wanted to let others know the cost of replacing an Acer touch screen if out of warranty ...... I have no idea what it costs to replace touch screens on other devices ....... yes ... maybe I could have waited a bit longer to insure the bugs were all worked out .... but I didn't .... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not overly sure but I thought Emachines were made by Gateway?

I have never really used an Acer machine before and I only know a bit of the heritage... Though I can say the quality is actually pretty good. I use an Acer Aspire One D257 netbook as my main toy now and I find it works better than my laptop. I will admit it kind of really sucks when running Windows 7 though.... hehe!

tiger31
Posted
Posted

i,m also an acer fan never had any trouble with either of my machines .the tablet market is kicking off big time lots of companies coming out with there own versions ,and hopefully the price wars will follow lol

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

True Bob ..... but Acer bought out Gateway ..... and according to a number of people that have Gateways it was a blessing ..... the cow was going down hill fast ..... according to several friends I have back in the US that have them .... :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

True Bob ..... but Acer bought out Gateway ..... and according to a number of people that have Gateways it was a blessing ..... the cow was going down hill fast ..... according to several friends I have back in the US that have them .... :cheersty:

You know, I knew about back when it happened but had completely forgotten!

• Like 1