Is Their A Davao City Section Here? Or Mindanao? (Eom)

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

That's my post, above.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

That's my post, above.

Do you mean in this forum for Social meetings or in general?

Either way this forum does not have specific forums for individual areas of the Philippines. You just need to post on the subject you choose and state the area if needed and in the section that relates to your question. :thumbsup:

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

T.Monk,

My 2 cents...

It might be too hard for JGF coz it might open a Pandora box for him/us?

If you have a specific city related post, then you might want to include it in the title to attract attention and saves you/us time...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

T.Monk,

My 2 cents...

If you have a specific city related post, then you might want to include it in the title to attract attention and saves you/us time...

An ex politician in Australia was famous for these words, "Please Explain?"

Why would it open up a Pandora box? We probably have no more than 5 or 10 members from Davao at the very most if even that and as said somewhere else here that most information shared here is universal to all of the Philippines. There would be no point have a separate section for every city in the Philippines as you can imagine some might only have one foreigner guy interested or living there.

But you are correct, placing the word Davao at the beginning or near the beginning of a topic title would help distinguish it better. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

T.Monk
Posted
Posted

OK, just 5 or 10 probably? Then to the other 4 to 9, PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELVES HERE AT THIS POST SO WE CAN HAVE SOME CONTACT! :attention: :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELVES HERE AT THIS POST SO WE CAN HAVE SOME CONTACT!

I hear ya. Its just that quite a few of our actual residents in Philippines prefer to keep to themselves. Thus you may find out that Markham is your neighbor but not realize it from his posts here. He is the only one I know who actually lives in Davao so you may want to send him a private message to see if he is interested in contact other than on line.

As a group who live all over the Philippines and indeed the world, we tend to have our 'get togethers' in a central place (Cebu). Many will travel there for a meet up. That doesn't mean you cannot do the same in Davao. It only means that would be a first.

So if you do manage to get enough interest then publicize it here and some of us may take the opportunity to come there for a visit.

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

T.Monk,

My 2 cents...

An ex politician in Australia was famous for these words, "Please Explain?"

Why would it open up a Pandora box? We probably have no more than 5 or 10 members from Davao at the very most if even that and as said somewhere else here that most information shared here is universal to all of the Philippines. There would be no point have a separate section for every city in the Philippines as you can imagine some might only have one foreigner guy interested or living there.

But you are correct, placing the word Davao at the beginning or near the beginning of a topic title would help distinguish it better. :thumbsup:

Actually, you have answered it already?

A Pandora box for us (mostly readers), would be to look into all these new forums that most likely would be empty of new posts.

A Pandora box for you would be, where would this end? If you open an extra forum for say, Davao, the some one else might come and ask for another city and so on?

I think we all agree that there is no need for another city forum. One time saver for all is, to have the title indicate what's in the post! :tiphat:

Curley
Posted
Posted

okieboy lives outside Davao and I did think that perhaps I might like to live there

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

OK

This forum is actually for social meetings etc and not a questions and answers, trouble shooting forum so I think its been answered.