Christmas Fund Drive

Bruce
Posted
Posted

*****CHRISTMAS FUND DRIVE*****

Christmas in the Philippines is a huge holiday.

Will you make a one time donation to belp brighten a poor child's Christmas?

It is so easy! Just use the DONATE BUTTON Here or Here

If you are in

the USA, you can mail a check for a TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation.

Philippine Basic Needs

6798 Stirling Rd

Hollywood, Florida 33024

As always YOU can tell us to use the donation for general needs of the kids,

or donate to a specific child. Unless specified, all Christmas Donations will be divided up

equally for the benifit of all the member kids.

Bruce

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Would love to if you have anyway to pay other than PayPal ...... ???????????

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Would love to if you have anyway to pay other than PayPal ...... ???????????

Yes! For those members in the Philippines now, you can send a donation via your local pawnshop or money sender. Due to spam issues I will not post the information HERE but instead will send you a PM. Unless Tom has a better solution of course.

If anyone else wants to send a donation from the Philippines, just post a short message here and I will reply to you via PM with the sending information. You will be sending the funs out to Catbalogan Samar to Pam who is the on site person running things whilst I am back in the US toiling for more funds here.

100% of the donation is used for the intended purpose in the Philippines. You may email Pam directly (email address sent PM) and get information on what is done with the money and other information about the charity.

Thanks! Check out the website www.philippinebasicneeds.com for some pics and 2 short videos!

Bruce

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Unless Tom has a better solution of course.

I think in the modern world that online transactions are the easiest and are better for spur of the moment donations. Why not have a Philippines bank account where money can be directly deposited?

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I was able to visit your website and got a great introduction and overview..Well Done.

I admire and support your efforts Bruce !

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

post-404-0-11264600-1351875250_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-92305300-1351875286_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-44069800-1351875314_thumb.jpg

Roy... Thanks for the donation. Hope to make a better xmas for the kids.

Tom... So far no donations from the Philippine Islands in 2 years. So a Philippine bank account is not of much good. If and I do say IF this was a high volume charity and generated a steady stream of donations, then I can see the need for a bank account in Phils. Thanks for your personal efforts to promote the cause!

As of now, I do have a US bank account in the charity name and an ATM card in the Philippines for that account. Sadly... the majority of donations into that account are mine and I put in to pay for Forex box shipping of medicine and items to Catbalogan.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
As of now, I do have a US bank account in the charity name and an ATM card in the Philippines for that account. Sadly... the majority of donations into that account are mine and I put in to pay for Forex box shipping of medicine and items to Catbalogan.

Well if someone asks for the account number I guess they can transfer into the US account. Also if anyone wants to use BDO in the Philippines they could deposit into my wife's account then I can paypal you the donation.

just suggestions for those who don't wish to use Pay pal.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Death, suffering and pain comes to mind when thinking of the very poor Philippines children. No one can give all the kids of the Philippines a smile this Christmas but on behalf of the Philippines Expat Forum I hope this donation of about P1500 will at least make a difference to a few.

:grouphugg:

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

The donation will be well spent. Since 1500p is easily divided by 3, the charity will give 500p to 3 families with small children living in nipa houses with no running water or electricty. Thanks!

While some people are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of people living in poverty and can not see why they should donate, the reality is that the (this) charity ignores the hopelessness of the situation as a whole and instead strives to make a positive change in ONE (1) poor person's life and then to multiply that ONE (1) person again and again as funds become available.

Here in the US, the OLD people who are still alive and have memories of the 'great depression' of the late 1920s and early 1930s. Many of these people remember the hopelessness they felt as children and watching their parents struggle every day to provide food for them as children. They also vividly remember a few stark moments of kindness when someone gave them or their family something important. Such as food! Or provided money to pay a medical bill. Sure they are still poor when the food is gone, but those kids, now as old people still can remember how important it was for that simple donation and how they remember it from their childhood 70+ years later.

So that is the charity's idea. Not to raise them all above poverty. But to provide some education funds or food or medicine to 'get them thru' the current situation so they can themselves work out their own future. Here is a pic of some local squatter kids and the water tank I built last year.

post-404-0-91536400-1354891613_thumb.jpg post-404-0-75825100-1354892374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Your effort at helping is admirable, but I as one living in the Philippines have a hard time thinking of sending money to the USA when I am already here & can help first hand. Good luck in your endevor though.

• Like 1