Tricare Philippines Demonstration

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

If you are talking about PhilHealth it can get you about 10% off of your hospital bill. It is only good for hospital stays (admitted).

Not too many hospitals in Mindanao that I would care to be in (maybe in Davao).

I was told that they covered bout 50%. Now I have to check, dang.  I am having a hard time trying to figure if Phil Blue cross is good value.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
I am having a hard time trying to figure if Phil Blue cross is good value.
Same here. Don't qualify for PhilHealth and my TriCare standard isn't available here in Cebu :th_unfair:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Don't qualify for PhilHealth and my TriCare standard isn't available here in Cebu

Why don't you qualify for Philhealth? I'm not aware of any restrictions as long as you pay.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Same here. Don't qualify for PhilHealth and my TriCare standard isn't available here in Cebu :th_unfair:

Everyone is okay for phil-health now, check with company don't even need to be married.

• 2 months later...
Midniterider
Posted
Posted

Everyone is okay for phil-health now, check with company don't even need to be married.

In hospital only is around 40% and remember it's a 'FIRST PAYER" in the eyes of Tricare. Everything else is cash upfront and most doctors' services and labs and procedures are dirt cheap and if - and only if - you pick a good clinic they can be world class. Look up online in the Tricare Overseas Program (TOP-Tricare Standard only) under certified providers they're all over the Cebu area as are the major hospitals and pharmacies so they will be qualified to be reimbursable to you. They will not generally know that they're even on the list with the possible exception of a major hospital. 

• 8 months later...
Midniterider
Posted
Posted

Again, an example of a certified provider that you should be able to get reimbursed from is my main neurologist in Cebu, he told me that he worked under the pilot program before when he was in Manila. I found my cardiologists using the certified provide search function  both in Dumaguete and now Cebu. Both are top notch. Getting reimbursed for minor procedures seems ok especially if they're under a certain amount currently is $1,000 USD. One discrepancy I notice immediately is that while TRICARE states that a patient has up to 3 years to file for reimbursement the contractor only allows 1 year, so don't put it off. 

http://www.tricare.mil/Resources/Claims/MedicalClaims/FilingOverseas/ProofofPayment.aspx

http://www.tricare-overseas.com/ProviderSearch/Beneficiary_PhilippineDemonstration_ProvSearch.aspx

"What’s the difference between an approved demonstration provider and a certified provider under the Philippine Demonstration? An approved demonstration provider meets the same requirements as a certified provider and complies with Philippine Demonstration reimbursement procedures. An approved demonstration provider also agrees to accept the TRICARE-allowable charge as payment in full, agrees to submit claims for beneficiaries, and may collect applicable deductibles and cost-shares at the time of the visit. You and the approved demonstration provider receive an EOB showing how a claim was processed. If you do not pay up front, the approved demonstration provider bills you for your deductible and cost-shares, which you are required to pay. A certified provider meets TRICARE required on-site verification and provider certification requirements but does not agree to the additional conditions to be an approved demonstration provider. For example, a certified provider in the Philippines requires TRICARE beneficiaries to pay up front for the entire cost of services and file their own claims for reimbursement."

Automated direct deposit is now available! Click here to learn how to register

http://www.tricare-overseas.com/

• Like 2