Wow! One In 10 Americans Gets Food Stamps To Buy Food

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

For those that think the US is rich and money grows on trees. One in 10 Americans gets food stamps to buy foodhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/48890That means one in ten families are having an impossible time feeding their families. Maybe they need to learn from some of the Filipina scammers how to scam, since the odds of getting an online scammer is about 9 out of 10. :th_goodidea:

TheMason
Posted
Posted
For those that think the US is rich and money grows on trees. One in 10 Americans gets food stamps to buy foodhttp://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/48890That means one in ten families are having an impossible time feeding their families. Maybe they need to learn from some of the Filipina scammers how to scam, since the odds of getting an online scammer is about 9 out of 10. :th_goodidea:
The percentage of people on food stamps was actually higher in the early 90s recession, but the number of people receiving benefits is expected to continue to rise for the next few months. Aside from economic issues, 2 other factors driving enrollment are eligibility awareness campaigns by the govt. and partial restoration of benefits to legal immigrants.

Mik
Posted
Posted
So that means the government is robbing 9 in 10 people (under threat of arrest and imprisonment).

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
So that means the government is robbing 9 in 10 people (under threat of arrest and imprisonment).
Robbery is such a harsh term. They prefer "involuntary donation".

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have no problem with helping people in need, especially families with children. I especially like the free breakfast and lunch program in our schools. My tax dollars well spent so those kids at least get two good meals a day five days a week.The problem is scammers and illegal emigrants in my State using the Basic Food Program (food stamps) ATM cards and phone service. Yea, free phone and discounted utilities and free taxi service once a week for errands.There has been talk of drug testing for applicants but the State government is unable to find budget for that.