Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

just heard about this story,

not able to find in full english version

An American diplomat died after a stabbing incident in Makati City Saturday morning, an exclusive report on "24 Oras" said.

It also said the American Embassy in Manila confirmed that the victim was one of its diplomats but it did not immediately identify him.

GMA News' Saleema Refran said the incident took place along Kalayaan Avenue in Bel-Air village before dawn, and that the victim passed away in a hospital at about 7:20 a.m.

According to the report, the diplomat was walking as he entered the village's gate when a white van with four men inside arrived and stopped at the entrance, and shortly after, the stabbing incident occurred.

(sorry but not able to find english version. perhaps someone can translate)

"Nagkakad sa may gate ang biktima nang may makasabay itong van. Nang tinanong sa gate kung saan pupunta ang sasakyan, nakitanong din umano ang biktima pero hindi pinansin ng mga apat na lalaki sa loob. Nang papasok na ang van... nagawa pang hampasin ng biktima ito," Makati Police chief Senior Supt. Manuel Lukban Jr. said in the report.

The four then got off the van and stabbed the diplomat, who was able to walk 20 meters before he fell on the ground, the report said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but he died there, the report added.

All the four suspects are now in police custody, Lukban said, adding that an investigation into the case is going on.

Police believe the four suspects are children of wealthy families. The four could face homicide charges due to the incident, the report said. — LBG, GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/283683/news/metromanila/us-diplomat-killed-in-makati-city-stabbing-incident

my only 2comments,are. I feel sorry for the mans family

and I hope that justice will be served QUICKLY within 1-2 years than ??,

(no further comment required

who knows they could send them to the US for trial or Gitmo?(slim chance)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Police believe the four suspects are children of wealthy families.

Well that is a strange occurence. Wonder what that is all about.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Bet you it had something to do with a fight at a nightclub.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Another article about this with a bit more detail and names....

http://www.philstar.com/metro/2012/11/25/872833/us-diplomat-stabbed-dead-makati

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If the 4 are guilty I don`t think the Phills can get them off even if they come from rich families. The US gives too much aid here.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

If the 4 are guilty I don`t think the Phills can get them off even if they come from rich families. The US gives too much aid here.

You wanna bet ?

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You wanna bet ?

No Just my opinion haha
  • Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

... and what kind of ppl did the US diplomat expect expect to encounter at 4:20 am!?

Not just in Makati but any where in the world he happened to be!?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Another article about this with a bit more detail and names....

http://www.philstar....bed-dead-makati

HERE IS THE STORY IN FULL as sometimes the link is not working

MANILA, Philippines - A 41-year-old American,

reportedly a diplomat, was stabbed dead shortly after figuring in a brawl with four men outside the gate of Bel-Air Village along Kalayaan Avenue in Makati City early yesterday.

George Anico got into an argument with Crispec dela Paz, 28, a student of the De La Salle University; Juan Abastillas, 24; Galicano Datu III, 22, also a DLSU student; and Ospic Caburay, 27, just outside the gate of the village at about 4:20 a.m., police said.

The four men, who were in a Volvo sport utility vehicle (TOJ-886), were being questioned by village security guards when the victim appeared and joined the conversation.

Police said at the height of the argument, Anico allegedly tapped the SUV, causing the suspects to come out of the car and confront him. In the ensuing brawl, Anico was stabbed.

The suspects tried to flee but were arrested after a brief chase by police officers on two motorcycles.

Police said Anico was rushed by rescue workers from Barangay Poblacion and Makati Rescue to the Makati Medical Center. He died from stab wounds at 7:20 a.m. yesterday.

City police chief Senior Superintendent Manuel Lukban said investigators recovered a knife from the SUV of the suspects, who are being detained at the Makati police station.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

1st .......The four men, who were in a Volvo sport utility vehicle (TOJ-886), were being questioned by village security guards when the victim appeared and joined the conversation.

2nd ......Police said at the height of the argument, Anico allegedly tapped the SUV, causing the suspects to come out of the car and confront him. In the ensuing brawl, Anico was stabbed.

That was his 1st and 2nd mistake ..... and his last ..... but some diplomats and those working in the Embassy think their poop don't stink ..... the one here in Cebu is super but his assistant is a c*nt ...... with a capitol C ..... IMHO ...... :thumbsup: ....... :cheersty:

• Like 4