Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We should keep this in perspective it's not only Foreigners who are murdered although it seems open season on us. The reported death toll of Filipinos so far this election cycle is 36 in over 50 incidents. For the most part no one is held accountable.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
We should keep this in perspective it's not only Foreigners who are murdered although it seems open season on us.

Not to me. I feel much safer here then I did in Fl and other places. But if you do stupid things.....What was the topic of this thread?

The reported death toll of Filipinos so far this election cycle is 36 in over 50 incidents. For the most part no one is held accountable.

Do you have a source for the last statement?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The topic of this thread was to do with a Foreigner who was murdered. My point is murder is not that uncommon and justice is lacking. Mike, I respect your opinion very much as you live there and have the knowledge and wisdom to keep your family safe. :tiphat:

I got the numbers from this op-ed from todays Freeman.

http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2013/05/08/939670/editorial-unabated-violence

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
you live there and have the knowledge and wisdom to keep your family safe.

I'm neither; just too old to be drunk and yelling at four young guys at 4am. Thanks for the link.  

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

had an opportunity last 11dec to speak w/an member of the embassy &

spoke w/her about this case.

Her answers were:

the case is still "on going"

the embassy is attending each and every court hearing

i could hear disappointment in ones voice about the "delays" yet was upbeat that justice will be served.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

No way they're getting murder convictions against all 4. 

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Her answers were:

i could hear disappointment in ones voice about the "delays" yet was upbeat that justice will be served.

Delays in legal things in the Philippines...... Get outta here, I don't believe it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Her answers were:

Thanks for the update. Justice is fleeting in da Philippines.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I doubt it will be more than a small punishment for the MURDER, because they are let out by the judge already a long time ago :1 (72):

No way they're getting murder convictions against all 4. 

Well. I DON'T find it fair to find the OTHER two guilty, because the American was annoying, which made the fight start (Hiting one-two of them too? That's why they don't run after too?)

As it seems at the video, he wasn't (any serious) stabbed, when they came back into the camera view, so only two were involved in hunting him when he was stabbed to death, so it would be unfair to find the other two guilty who only participated in the fist fight...

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The only legitimate force in this situation is that needed by the filipino's to stop the drunk. Anything past that which resulted in his death is criminal.

• Like 1