Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Bob this has nothing to do with the FBI or US law. We do not know what happened only what the local media has related.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I agree we should pursue extradition and then immediately released........ at 30,000 feet.

I believe Argentina did that during the 80's

What we need is for the FBI to file for extradition and try them all for Capitol Murder.

Under the US legal"code" this could happen if a good arguement is made to the RP government but with the "peace loving" we dont allow death penalty in our country attitude they (RP)would not allow extradition for a "possible "death sentence,

Many people have had a possible "death sentence"case and have been able to avoid the "death"sentence if the US government would not seek that penalty.

Show the RP that we don't play games.

it would be great if they could,rarely have I seen this legal manuver,

of what I have seen the RP bends over backwards to make sure their "peace loving"citizens avoid being sentenced to death or long prison terms

off topic. in the 1980's

a former POW and military officerCol."ROWE" was killed by a "npa" his assailant was given less than a life term.

sometime bewteen 2007-2009 he was released

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Why would they be extradited? The crime was committed on Philippine soil - not the USA...

althou I am not a legal expert, in some cases of a crime against either the US government or a US citizen and it was off US soil, they could(tho rarely )be extradited

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Why would they be extradited? The crime was committed on Philippine soil - not the USA...

althou I am not a legal expert, in some cases of a crime against either the US government or a US citizen and it was off US soil, they could(tho rarely )be extradited

If they were on American soil (embassy,military base, etc), then they could be sent to the US but that isn't extradition as they are still on American soil. In times of war, the US will often bring prisoners to other locations (Gitmo sound familiar to anybody?) but, even though that is called "extradited" by the media, it isn't. There are no legal recourse to extradite a foreign national to the US for a crime committed outside the US. The same goes for every other country - International law does not allow for this.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
"As regards to the commission of the crime, it's very clear. What is not clear is who used the weapon to commit the crime," he explained.

Ahhhh. So thats how they plan to get off. It'll probably work too.

Can all go free if can prove all where there, but don't know who did it?

(In USA it's to much in opposite direction, if I have understood corect, even if someone just made a driving to a shop, without knowing the other one will do a robbery murder, it's part of the murder anyway!)

inside Dasmariñas subdivision also in Makati.

Two murdered in/at subdivisions... Is it as safer as many seem to believe?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
There are no legal recourse to extradite a foreign national to the US for a crime committed outside the US.

You'll have to tell that to the Somalian Pirates who were arrested and brought back to US jails

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I am thinking mentality of many in Philippines is that of a gang. In US if you insult a gang banger he will retaliate. If you gain the upper hand then his gang buddies jump in. All good, protecting the gang family is the way of thinking.

We need to stop thinking of the old honorable ways. Days of fighting back like our parents did with the one on one, man to man style is over. Guaranteed if you get the upper hand in a fight, others will jump in. Afterwards they will not be laughing it up about how their buddy could not stand up for himself. They will be laughing about kicking the foreigners ass!

In a conflict, argument or whatever, I always assume there is someone close by to back up the other person. People also tend to get more bold and brave when they know they have backup. When they have access to a weapon it is even worse.

Biggest lesson in all this is to know your limitations. If you turn into an a**h*le after drinking, then expect a shorter life span.

• Like 5

i am bob
Posted
Posted
There are no legal recourse to extradite a foreign national to the US for a crime committed outside the US.

You'll have to tell that to the Somalian Pirates who were arrested and brought back to US jails

They were arrested for committing crimes (piracy, murder and several other crimes) in International waters and the initial arrests took place in International waters. When this happens, the arresting authorities have the option of proceeding to the closest country, the country the crimes were committed from - or against, the closest International court or to their own country to continue legal proceedings. As the attack you mentioned was carried out in International waters and committed against US citizens along with the US being the arresting authority, the court proceedings could be carried out in a US court. At the same time, anyone else arrested or who turned themselves in for the same crime could and would be transported to the US as this would be a continuation of the same court proceedings in the US. The US doesn't usually bring people back to the US to be tried like this - but they wanted to make a statement and that option was open to them in this case.

The deciding factor for this is that the crime was committed and initial arrests were made in International waters and not within Somali waters. I got very interested in International crime and procedures when I was the Air Force but was "yachting" with the Navy as this was something we were very involved in.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The point I was trying to make was that the US have a knack for taking the zillions of laws around the world and picking the one that supports what they want to do. So if they want those filipino culprits to stand trial in the US they will find a way. Perhaps some of the murdered, inactive, marine has friends who would take them fishing in International Waters and POOF they have Somalian cell mates. Never happen you think? I believe that might makes right and whether I like it or not the U S of A is mighty.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Very true Dave... While participating in International Operations, I have notice many times that the US does like to do what ever they want and disregard the actual procedures when it is to their benefit... It just doesn't normally happen out in the open for John Q Public to see....

• Like 2