Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the latest update on the story,

seems that they want the victim to be identified as a MARINE ,so they can use it as a "defense"

The four accused in the killing of US Marine Forces Reserve Maj. George Anikow inside a gated subdivision in Makati City pleaded not guilty on Wednesday.

Juan Alfonzo Abastillas, 24; Crispin de la Paz, 28; Osric Cabrera, 27; and Galicano Datu III, a student of De La Salle University, were arraigned before Judge Winlove Dumayas of the Makati Regional Trial Court Branch 59.

The four accused were indicted for murder after allegedly stabbing Anikow to death near the gate of the Bel-Air subdivision on Nov. 24. The US embassy confirmed that the 41-year-old victim was the husband of an embassy employee.

In yesterday’s hearing, the court terminated the pre-trial conference of the case after the prosecution and the defense panels completed the markings of the evidence.

Datu’s lawyer Jay De Castro asked the prosecution panel, headed by Assistant Chief Prosecutor Hannah Arriola, to stipulate that Anikow was a member of the United States Marines,

but Arriola disagreed because she said there was no document to prove that the victim was a trained US Marine.

(here is the possible defense being raised)

De Castro said it is material to establish the profession of Anikow because this will bolster his client’s defense that the killing was not a murder but a mere homicide.

“Being a soldier and a Marine at that, Anikow could be armed and is trained in hand-to-hand combat. Moreover, the physical attributes of a Marine, he weighs more than 250 pounds and he fought against these kids,” De Castro said, referring to the four accused.

“So there is no abuse of superior strength on the part of the accused,” he argued.

During the marking of evidence, De Castro also pointed out portions of the sworn statement given by Bel-Air security guard and prosecution witnesses Romel Saavedra that

the provocation and unlawful aggression actually started from the American.

(HUMM so i(others) can now use this as our "defense" if we attack or k...ll someone) :kidding:

“This particular position of the defense is supported by the evidence on record particularly the medico-legal examination of the accused,” he added.

Police said Anikow, a resident of Bel-Air, was being checked by security guards at the gate when the four suspects arrived aboard a black Volvo sports utility vehicle around 4:20 am.

http://manilastandardtoday.com/2012/12/20/4-arraigned-for-marines-slay/

sorry if my added comments distracted or offended, this was just senseless of what happen,

Since it Christmas. my thoughts,prayers are for the family of Anikow & others who are serving away from home or who has lost a love one

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
he weighs more than 250 pounds and he fought against these kids,” De Castro said,
Juan Alfonzo Abastillas, 24; Crispin de la Paz, 28; Osric Cabrera, 27; and Galicano Datu III

Jeez! When do they stop being kids and accept responsibility for their actions. I hope the victim has some friends who can get pay back because it sure ain't happening in the courts.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
“Being a soldier and a Marine at that, Anikow could be armed and is trained in hand-to-hand combat. Moreover, the physical attributes of a Marine, he weighs more than 250 pounds and he fought against these kids,” De Castro said, referring to the four accused. “So there is no abuse of superior strength on the part of the accused,” he argued.

So what?!

Yes, that them give excuse to take up a knife as DEFENCE to keep him AWAY

BUT two of them runned AFTER him and stabbed him to death...

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
I hope the victim has some friends who can get pay back because it sure ain't happening in the courts.

He does have friends (cough ...cough.....) :devil:

and yes I am certain they will find a payback some time,some way,,,

:444:

Sorry sir, but it seems your families visa to the US is "fake" or been cancelled.,

appears your name is on the TSA NO-FLY list, :867:

is this your baggage? its tested positive for ???XXX,

please step this way for secondary exam :th_goodidea: , the anal probe ....sorry sir,,,,,,,,

.....excuse me as my cough has returned ..cough. :crack-up:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

They should investigate why there was almost an hour delay getting him to the ER because the rescue team thought he was already dead. Several stories mentioned it in the early reporting.

"Makati police said Anikow was revived upon being given blood in the hospital, but after three hours, he eventually died."

http://www.manilatim...kow-murder-case

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Somalia is not Philippines, it's a lawless place and war zone without goverment.

I don't agree with having those Pirates brought here, they should have been given "swimming lessons".

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

latest update on this case...

Anikow slay: Defense belies authenticity of CCTV footage :kidding:

:89:

THE defense and prosecution panel on Thursday squabbled over the authenticity of the video footage presented during a trial on the murder of American George Anikow.

On Thursday’s hearing at the Branch 59 of the Regional Trial Court of Makati City, the prosecution panel presented Damasino Dosonan Jr., the detachment commander of the Rockwell Center in Makati where the incident happened.

In taking the witness stand, Dosonan authenticated the closed circuit television (CCTV) footage of the incident that he turned over to the Makati police investigators the day after the killing occurred.

During his testimony, Dosonan said that he ordered Dominador Royo, the duty officer at the Rockwell Center Command Center, to burn the CCTV footage of the incident after it was requested by the Makati police.

But before Public Prosecutor Hannah Arriola could present the 10-minute video footage, lawyer Jacinto Ende, counsel for accused Crispin de la Paz questioned its authenticity arguing that it was just a reproduction of the original video from the main frame.

Another defense lawyer, Miguel Damaso, counsel for accused Juan Alfonso also said that although they have the same copy of the video footage, this does not warranty its authenticity.

Damaso asked the court that they may be allowed to compare the said CCTV footage, which showed how Anikow was mauled and killed, with the one that is in their possession.

“How would we know if the CCTV footage to be presented before the court is authentic if we don’t view the original copy?” Damaso manifested.

Lawyer Jay de Castro, counsel for accused Galicano Datu 3rd, concurred with the manifestation of Damaso.

“We have to see the original for the integrity of the presentation of evidence, this might have been tainted because of technology,” he added.

After a few minutes of legal tussle, Judge Winlove Dumayas of the regional court in Makati finally allowed the showing of the video clip on condition that both the defense and prosecution panels would compare it with the original copy.

To avert further objections from the defense panel, Arriola agreed to present the original CCTV footage as she asked the judge to order the Rockwell management to produce it.

She explained that the CCTV footage is vital in building up the case as this would be the basis of the testimony of the prosecution’s next witness, security guard Romel Saavedra.

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/news/nation/37834-anikow-slay-defense-belies-authenticity-of-cctv-footage

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

These lawyers should apply to the Mafia. Hmmmm Maybe they already work for them.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

These lawyers should apply to the Mafia. Hmmmm Maybe they already work for them.

Or a Politician. :lol:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
“We have to see the original for the integrity of the presentation of evidence, this might have been tainted because of technology,” he added.

So the defence can get the video burned for sure?... :mocking: