Husband Of Us Diplomat Killed In Makati City

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I read this article in the printed paper today:

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/60025/anikow-murder-case-from-hotel-yule-party-to-dinner-in-jail

There are pictures of the weapons. Why would these nice "kids" have these weapons? I can possible understand the regular knife but the second one seems to be purely an offensive killing tool, but I don't know much about these things.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

http://globalnation....-dinner-in-jail

There are pictures of the weapons. Why would these nice "kids" have these weapons? I can possible understand the regular knife but the second one seems to be purely an offensive killing tool, but I don't know much about these things.

Thank you OMW....the comments from most of the local Filipinos say it all. The court proceedings

are carefully watched by the US Embassy and hopefully the verdict of guilty is served by a squad

of US Marines....he, he.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Is it identified WHICH TWO of the four hunted and stabbed the American?

If so, I found the case obviously guilty for these two, but hard with the other two.

As far as I can see it's out of sight in the video the part where the fight realy started, so it's POSSIBLE the OTHER two Filipinos can even have been a bit victims, attacked by the American, because he seemed some aggresive, before they went out of picture,

but the two, who run after and stabbed him, are SURELY guilty prove the video.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

http://globalnation....-dinner-in-jail

Thank you OMW....the comments from most of the local Filipinos say it all. The court proceedings

are carefully watched by the US Embassy and hopefully the verdict of guilty is served by a squad

of US Marines....he, he.

Yes Jake,

The embassy has a BIG HARD ON about this case,

whenever US interests are at stake,

...... LOOK AROUND........ :angry: ,

comments on the article below is an eye-opener too.

(payback can bite..cough/cough)

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/60091/us-embassy-comes-out-stronger-on-anikow-case

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
whenever US interests are at stake, ...... LOOK AROUND........ :angry: ,

Seems that BUBBA was on the mark again :th_exactly:

now the "family" doesnt want US observers in the court,,,

( i will limit my comment to this,to the family,

if your child was in another country,facing "court" or was a victim would you want to have your home countries observers(staff) to protect your childs interest)

Now here is the latest:

THE family of one of the accused in the murder of American serviceman George Anikow asked the United States government to “stay away” of the case after the latter sent permanent observers to the trial.

According to Dr. Jose Cesar Cabrera, the father of accused Osric Cabrera, the US government should distance from the trial since his child and his three other co-accused are not “terrorists.”

Cabrera, Juan Alfonzo Abastillas, Crispin de la Paz and Galicano Datu 3rd pleaded not guilty for the murder of Anikow during their arraignment on Wednesday before the sala of Judge Winlove Dumayas of Branch 59 of the Regional Trial Court in Makati City.

During the arraignment, the US Embassy sent representatives to observe the proceedings, one of which was US consul general Michael Schimmel.

Schimmel, together with his security agent, even seated just behind the four accused when they were brought before the court for the arraignment.

The consul general said that the US government has “high interest to the case” since Anikow is the husband of a US diplomat and an American citizen.

“We ensure the welfare of all American citizens in the Philippines, this is why we are constantly monitoring the case. We are here as observers,” he said.

Shimmel also expressed confidence that justice would be served for the victim.

“We are grateful to the Philippine government for the prompt arrest and prosecution of the accused and we are confident that justice would be served under Philippine law,” he added.

But the older Cabrera said that the US government should back out from the case since it already knew the circumstances behind the killing of Anikow.

“I told to these Americans, please back out on this because the children are not terrorists you know that,” said Cabrera adding that he did not hate the Americans.

He said that although the Americans are “lying low already and are not exerting pressure anymore,” the damage has already been done to the accused who were all labeled as “hardened criminals.”

**Keeping tabs**(read the next statement).

“The US embassy carefully monitors the investigation and prosecution of all serious crimes against American citizens,” it said in a statement.

“George’s death is a terrible lost to his family and the community,” the embassy added.

“We are confident that justice will be served in this case,” the embassy added.

The suspects of the brutal killing were identified as Juan Alfonzo Abastilla, 24; Crispin dela Paz, 28; Osric Cabrera, 27; and Galicano Datu 3rd, 22, have been charged with murder.

The four were immediately arrested by the Makati police just moments after the stabbing incident.

Abastilla, dela Paz and Cabrera were profiled as businessmen living in Makati, while Datu is a De La Salle University student.

Reportedly, the four were aboard a silver Volvo with plate number TOJ 886 that was being checked by security guards at the gate of Bel-Air Village along Kalayaan Avenue

when the 41-year-old victim interfered and told the suspects to present their identification cards to the guard.

http://philnews.com/headlines/2012/headline_news_1222af.htm

just curious,, if they dont want US observers in court,,

How would they feel if just the average US(fil-am) citizen or tourist attend,?

or US News reporters in attandance?

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just another posing by the defence...

If the other side "doesn't care enough" to be there, just how guilty can these boys be?

Simply childish to think anyone would believe this - but they will.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
The suspects of the brutal killing were identified as Juan Alfonzo Abastilla, 24; Crispin dela Paz, 28; Osric Cabrera, 27; and Galicano Datu 3rd, 22, have been charged with murder.

Anyone knowing is it established which of the 4 of them run after and did the stabbing on video?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Apparently they already know who did the stabbing. Look at 1:17 on, the policeman says "it's very, very clear the suspect holding the knife is Juan Alfonso Abastillas". (wife translated)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is very unfortunate that these spoiled brats will never be punished. Even if they are convicted they will feign a life threatening illness that can only be treated when confined to a mansion with private nurses retired from Willing Willy's show.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Apparently they already know who did the stabbing. Look at 1:17 on, the policeman says "it's very, very clear the suspect holding the knife is Juan Alfonso Abastillas". (wife translated)

Good.

It is very unfortunate that these spoiled brats will never be punished. Even if they are convicted they will feign a life threatening illness that can only be treated when confined to a mansion with private nurses retired from Willing Willy's show.

Vill Filipinledningen riskera att de får mindre pengar från USA?