Another School Killing Spree

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I can't help thinking that those children had high hopes with the holiday season fast approaching and for the future as well.

It is horribly unbelieveable for me to understand how these young lives could have been so callously cut short no matter what time of year it is.

I simply can't imagine the Hell the families are going through and if it happened to my girl, well I would have to try to get even and whether I was successful or not, I would surely commit suicide.

I just hope those parents don't get the same idea, but that is what I would do personally.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thats 3 in a year I believe surely now must the U.S goverment look at the law reguarding gun ownership..how many more innocent young lives must be lost for somebody to have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough .I can go to walmart and buy a gun over the counter try doing that in the u.k .GUN CONTROL does work and can cut down on these horrific moments .

A new one? I haven't heared any of it in Sweden news, but perhaps it isn't counted as news no more, when it happen in USA again :unsure:

And on the same day 22 kids are stabbed in China, luckily no deaths. There are lots of crazy folks all over this world!

Yes. But I believe culture and weapon access make HUGE difference.

As far as I know it has been only one such school shooting EVER in whole Scandinavia (Once in Finnland).

(Norway had a big shooting by a grown up attacking teenagers in a political camp, combined with bombing the government, but that's much different type than school shootings. In Sweden we have had a few shooting/stabbing at ONE SPECIFIC target.)

I suppose not hard to get illegal weapons here either, but hard restrictions to get guns legaly. Here have very few common people guns at home besides hunters, and it's hard restrictions concerning how to store legal weapons too to make it hard to steal any shootable ones. (Locks. Gun parts in two different places.)

Americano
Posted
Posted

I'm sure it will eventually come out as usual that the killer had mental problems. Maybe he was only torturing and killing dogs and cats but that should be enough signal to do something before he starting killing people.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

dave i totally agree with you i have seen enough killing to last me 4 lifetimes it pointless.sure i own guns and i have not used them ever in anger mosly just collect them for there ever increasing value.i think with the ever present media and beamed live to your lounge room people are becoming use to seeing death and violence and in some way just let it pass by without so much as a second thought.but those of us with some moral ground feel outraged just my veiws regards lyno

Why aren't you collecting something else than weapons? :santa_smiley:

PERHAPS I will feel "forced to" get a gun :( when/if* I settle down in Phili in nature with no neighbours.

*Perhaps my future wife can convince me to settle down closer to people :santa_smiley: but I don't think so, because I don't like to be disturbed. But plan is to have a combined guard/worker family living where my 300 meters or so private road connects to a public road, preferingly connecting in the "bush", so no others have legal reason to stay close. Less hard to guard then :santa_smiley:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

sad news indeed,

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I'm sure it will eventually come out as usual that the killer had mental problems.

Yes, sure they have some type of mental problems, because otherwice they hadn't done it.

I surely DON'T agree to such shootings are done, but I can understand some of them happen, because some are triggered by the shooter has been bullied by many during a long time, WITHOUT many schools try to do anything proper about it! So not so odd some become so depressed and desperate, so they decide to shoot bullies before killing himself. MANY become so depressed so they kill themselves, most of them don't get enough attention concerning why they did it... :(

tiger31
Posted
Posted

At the end of the day the guns will never get banned its too late for that now ,but the pro and anti gun people should now get together and work on a comprimise to make it harder to buy guns over the counter .The system works well in the u.k and people don,t complain about the right to bare arms because we live in a fairly safe country.yes we have had the odd incident with guns but not on the scale in the u.s .You will never prevent a nut who is intent in killing people with a weapon but you can make it dam hard for that person to own one .

• Like 4

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

What a senseless and heartbreaking tragedy. My prayers go out to all those affected.

I also want give a big thanks to the moderators who immediately stepped in to prevent this terrible tragedy from becoming a political football.

• Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thomas i come from a military background and have been braught up around them i started my collection 40 years or more ago .to give you an idea of the guns i collect the latest gun in my collection was made in 1897 all the others are manufactured much earlier than that to me its just an investment and easy to pass onto my children or sell :santa3:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The idea here in the States is near absolute total freedom but with that comes responsibility of ones actions to others. Drugs, mental issues and human nature are at work always.

In the States back in the 1950's we used to have Involuntary commitment laws. Perhaps it is time to look at this in a humane but firm manor. If a citizen is unable to conform to the freedoms here should they be somehow separated? Instead of prison drug rehab? There is no simple answer. Most likely there just is no answer at all.

• Like 2