Another School Killing Spree

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You know, for the forum to not allow political views, this thread sure has a lot of political views (and they continue even after being warned) How many more posts do I have to read with the person(s) preaching their view? This thread should have been stopped long ago, to be fair to everyone.

Its funny how if you have a "no arguing" rule, the only people that get heard are the ones that don't, or won't, follow the rule. The poor guy that wants to follow the rule must hold his tongue as not to upset, while the other rants on with impunity.

Well. Kind of true, but it's very close related to the topic, and it's impossible to discuss reasons or solution ideas without saying anything, which can be counted as "political".

(I have no problem if admins want to eraze my coments.)

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
(I have no problem if admins want to eraze my coments.)

Nor do I !!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, guys, we do have rules we have to follow. Call me the bad guy if you want to but let's drop the discussions about gun advocacy, ok?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Ok, guys, we do have rules we have to follow. Call me the bad guy if you want to but let's drop the discussions about gun advocacy, ok?

OK for me.

OK for me too, to give Will a replica chance first :)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

You know, for the forum to not allow political views, this thread sure has a lot of political views (and they continue even after being warned) How many more posts do I have to read with the person(s) preaching their view? This thread should have been stopped long ago, to be fair to everyone.

Its funny how if you have a "no arguing" rule, the only people that get heard are the ones that don't, or won't, follow the rule. The poor guy that wants to follow the rule must hold his tongue as not to upset, while the other rants on with impunity.

And yes, the school shooting is a tragedy. I feel horrible for the families that lost their loved ones. Just a terrible situation.

Will i would agree with you on this. BUT it seems that it a very G rated

SO FAR compared to others that I have seen posted elsewhere, also yes it is getting a slight leaning towards to P word

the forum has done a good job so far,,

also with out being critial to any one, ,some of us have no other outlet to express our views or feelings as we have no other(fellow expats around) to discuss our what we think,experience. .

So for this I am grateful that this "topic" has been open and allowed to continue.

last item,. maybe this event would not occurred had M.O'hare not filed her lawsuit in the late 1960's.

I have spoken , now back to the roof-top.(purple smoke has been popped)

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the pro-gun lobby should consider the following question: whose rights are more important, the gun owner's right to bear arms or his innocent victim's right to life?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Perhaps the pro-gun lobby should consider the following question: whose rights are more important, the gun owner's right to bear arms or his innocent victim's right to life?

Your question above is certainly a very thoughtful question. However, as you may know this gun issue

has arguments on both sides that could be both correct. And neither side will ever concede. It's similar

with pro life vs pro choice. They are both emotional issues that can easily generate hot tempers among

our members.

So please gentlemen, no more political discussions, OK?

Jake

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
So please gentlemen, no more political discussions, OK?

Just a suggestion that might help some other board members. I enjoy the fact that we keep it non-political here because there are certain topics that really rile me, and I like to keep this as my "happy place"!. (Although I know I have straddled the line a few times!)

When I really feel the need to rant and blow off some steam, I go read the comments after Yahoo articles. There are plenty of idiots there to piss you off, no matter which side of an issue you are on! I get it out of my system and then I can return to my "happy place"!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I'm sure it will eventually come out as usual that the killer had mental problems. Maybe he was only torturing and killing dogs and cats but that should be enough signal to do something before he starting killing people.

I have not read much on this. so far I have heard that he did have some SERIOUS BEHAVIORAL ISSUES and his family did seek help. Over the years the US jails is the only place where some persons can get any mental health care/treatment

(harris co.texas.dallas co.texas NYC-rikers island just a few i have read lately in the news of how the $$ are being spent on mental health care than inmates) ..

MY only criticism( and i will keep it w/in the forum rules) is that the powers to be dont understand, that spending a few $$ on mental health care and better child hood programs.

REDUCE the end costs of processing them thru the CJ system later (spend now and save or dont spend and pay much more later)

Off topic,

Our extended family here,Some of them are not perfect.(cough)

it should be our "right" to help them, but to help even more them when they have "issues" that could effect the safety.well-being of themselves or others.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
MY only criticism( and i will keep it w/in the forum rules) is that the powers to be dont understand, that spending a few $$ on mental health care and better child hood programs.

Now they have told more in the Swedish news about the attacker and show photo. They told he was clever and shy, and in the photo he looked as a neird, so I can bet more than 50 cent on he was bullied much in school. But I don't know if this was the reason for the attack in this case, but it can have been a reason for his behaviour problems anyway.

So I lobby for much extended efforts to try to stop bullying in schools. In Sweden some schools handle it good, while others don't even try! :angry: Instead of concentrate on stop bullying, most teachers concentrate on nagging about caps and thewing gum!!! :th_th7:

(Many years ago I worked some as substitute teacher, and later I have had courses in schools and been youth leader much, and I have stoped all bullying in my groups rather fast, so it's possible everywhere at least if start at young enough age. I didn't bother at all about caps and about thewing gum only during language subjects and such when pronounciation were important.)

Much of the bullying problem can be solved very cheap. When I did it it didn't cost anything extra at all, I just spend some time of the teach time at changing their attitude, but then we catch up and more later by becoming more effective when the disturbings had reduced much... Plus during lunch I did eat siting and talking among the student, which many Swedish schools forbid!!! :wt-hell: