What Another Foreigner Woman Arrested?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

according to the sunstar :photo-109:

A woman was arrested for "commiting" a crime against some "loving.kind.non-threatening" street children. :thats-funny:

now here is the story..

CEBU CITY -- A female Russian national mauled street children on Sunday morning at F. Ramos St. Cogon Ramos, said police.

Police identified the Russian national as Asya Stoykova, 26, who allegedly stomped and choked the street children. :buttkick:

PO3 Tanquino Fernando and his team received a call from concerned citizens reporting Stoykova's wrongdoing.

Stoykova, who was found positive for liquor, was later jailed at the Police Station 2 in Fuente Osmeña, this city for violating Cebu City ordinance 1929 known as "drunkenness." :559:

Stoykova, however, was released on Monday morning after paying P500 to the City Hall, according to an official of Police Station 2.

Police authorities said they cannot detain Stoykova as they have not received any complaint from the alleged victims of the said mauling. :thats-funny:

humm, got a complaint of "allegedly" stomped& chocked the children but now cant find them.. :sign0095:

perhaps in,

Russia this is how they show/treat the children w/love during Xmas? :th_hu:

Had this been a man ,,I bet they would already had them lined up to collect their "just due" $$$ for suffering. &gwen giving them candy&presents for being "outstanding" children and stopping this kind of person from victimizing others

http://www.sunstar.c...children-258786

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

there is a lot of them at the top of Ramos street, actually caught 1 of them trying to slip there hand into my pocket on 1 occasion, there was about 10 of them round me, also there was 1 woman i used to help out there, she used to sit around a bus shelter with 2 kids about 3 & 4 years of age and she was carrying a new born, i learnt not to give money so i used to buy them some grub, got a bit much when they started following me to wherever i was going 1%20(103).gif ..

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Woman defends herself when attacked by a gang of beggars may have been a better title for the news story. One day on Colon Street my wife had to slap a beggar boy to stop him from touching me. Can you imagine a foreigner woman alone being attacked by a gang of them? She may have given them what they needed and they don't get at home.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
She may have given them what they needed and they don't get at home.

May have? I'm thinking she is in trouble because she did! I wonder if she screamed "Thief" at the same time, would she be in this much trouble?

Americano
Posted
Posted

The woman is not in trouble now. In Canada and many other countries a prosecutor could file charges against the woman based on the children's and witnesses statements. Is doesn't work like that in the Philippines. Here the victims or their family members would have to pay a lawyer to file the charges. The lawyer's acceptance fee for mauling or assault in Cebu City is probably about P20,000 plus the lawyer will charge P2,000 - P3,000 for each court appearance which means poor families don't have enough money to hire a lawyer to file charges.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Is doesn't work like that in the Philippines. Here the victims or their family members would have to pay a lawyer to file the charges.

You do not need a lawyer to file a complaint; the "Offended Party" can do it by filing a Complaint-Affidavit with the prosecutor's office in the municipality where the alleged offense occurred and paying the filing fees.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It is definitely a different legal system. I have run across this same system in a few other countries but most of them seem to operate transparently - not like the Philippines...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Different of course, if you attack injure a Policeman , politician or the like, even in self defence. Then watch the prosecutors, crawl, No run! from under the Skirting board. :)

:tiphat:

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Its really a bit of tight rope with the rugby kids around Mango. Often they might Gang up on you trying to distract you in order to pick your wallet . If you try to scare them away or act aggressive against them you could be accused of violence against children and rounded up like our inebriated Russian lass . Careful. I have walked briskly, scowled and waved them off before they got too close. Don't ever stop to talk with them or allow them to congregate about you.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I usually notice these happenings around dusk and certainly after 7 to 7.30pm. If I have to go out and it is in walking distance, I take one of the dogs. this certainly makes the kids think twice. Living outside the city limits, has its advantages, along with it's disadvantages. I can normally spot a new group of kids, almost straight away, a word in the right ear and things usually, get checked out.

• Like 2