What Another Foreigner Woman Arrested?

Americano
Posted
Posted
Is doesn't work like that in the Philippines. Here the victims or their family members would have to pay a lawyer to file the charges.

You do not need a lawyer to file a complaint; the "Offended Party" can do it by filing a Complaint-Affidavit with the prosecutor's office in the municipality where the alleged offense occurred and paying the filing fees.

What you said is true but how many Filipinos know how to file a Complaint-Affidavit without the help of a lawyer? Of course the prosecutor could do everything for you but why would they unless you pay them a bribe. The prosecutor works for the city or province, not for you. You can get very few things done for free in the Philippines and dealing with the legal system is not one of them. One way or another the victim will have to pay.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Inform the street kids that you have leprosy and they will stop touching or bothering you. Also works in the Middle East where fear of lepers and contracting leprosy dates back to Biblical times.

The Russian woman was jailed for public drunkeness, not because she was stomping and hitting the children. It is possible they were trying to rob her.

I am involved with an NGO helping street working children. These are the children selling flowers, vegetables, cigarettes by the stick, bottled water, etc. to motorists and passerbys. They are pulled out of school by their parents around age 9 to start working. Street living children are more difficult. They will accept food from a shelter, but they won't stay. Their loyalty is to the gang. Most gangs survive by begging and searching for food in garbage bins. Others are pickpockets or they steal from merchants. Most street living children are boys. I believe less than 20% are girls. Nearly all the girls are prostituted by the time they reach puberty.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks JJR - It's a sad reality in this world that won't be solved for a long time.

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

To explain what happened with me and my wife a little further, we were walking on Colon Street and stopping for red lights when the dirty street boy started following us and was touching my arm asking for money and my wife was afraid I would get some kind of sickness or disease from him. She told him this and to stop touching me and that if he stopped touching me she would give him some money. He didn't listen to her he kept touching and pulling at my arm. Then he started calling her a slut and a whore. She warned him three times that she was going to slap him. I guess he thought he was faster than her but he was wrong. When she handed me the shopping bag that she was carrying I knew he had gone too far. I didn't watch but I heard the pop when she slapped his face. Then he wanted to fight so she said I will kick you and you will have damage. He left then. During the entire incident I kept looking forward and didn't look at the boy hoping he would leave us alone. It didn't work with this boy and I was glad she slapped him. No one around us that heard and saw everything that happened said anything so maybe they were happy that the little brat got what he deserved.

Incidents like the one we experienced can help you understand why the Russian woman could have been justified by defending herself. Just imagine a woman surrounded by a bunch of boys who are trying to take her purse and jewelry, what would you expect her to do? You know she didn't go looking for a bunch of boys to beat up, they came to her, probably with bad intentions especially if they knew she was drunk. Even a drunk person has the right to defend their self.

The lesson to be learned is don't walk the streets alone and only during the day if possible. Remove your expensive jewelry, conceal your cell phone and keep tight control of your wallet or purse.

A note to those who don't know yet: Kids who grow up in the streets eating out of garbage cans have developed immunity to sickness and disease that us foreigners don't have. A kid can look healthy but have all kinds of germs on their hands, clothes, and body. Its best not to come into physical contact with them and if you do then wash it off with some kind of disinfectant like alcohol.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
A note to those who don't know yet: Kids who grow up in the streets eating out of garbage cans have developed immunity to sickness and disease that us foreigners don't have. A kid can look healthy but have all kinds of germs on their hands, clothes, and body. Its best not to come into physical contact with them and if you do then wash it off with some kind of disinfectant like alcohol.

Every one has germs on their hands or body but unless these kids stick their fingers into your broken skin or a sore I doubt if much is any different than holding on to the escalator rail or even if you wash your hands in the public toilet the last person who opened the door did not so what have you gained?

Probably hijacking this thread and JGF will shoot me but we are surrounded by germs all the time.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Wait a minute, I am JGF :lol:

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

JGF you're right about germs in public toilets but filthy looking street kids are blocked at the door by security guards at most malls and restaurants in the Philippines. And, beside catching something through a break in the skin you can also catch some things through ingestion, the nose and eye tear ducts.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
JGF you're right about germs in public toilets

ou

WHAT? :unsure: :dance: You mean to tell me, they have public toilets in Cebu? You know, with toilet seats and a working tap? or is it as here, only in the malls? some of those are less than desirable to use. From some of the things I have seen, from ?? normal people, I feel I should start a disinfection company ( much needed.)

• Like 2

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
JGF you're right about germs in public toilets

ou

WHAT? :unsure: :dance: You mean to tell me, they have public toilets in Cebu? You know, with toilet seats and a working tap? or is it as here, only in the malls? some of those are less than desirable to use. From some of the things I have seen, from ?? normal people, I feel I should start a disinfection company ( much needed.)

And you wonder why Filipinos pee on the walls ?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, let's try and get this one back on track... Another Foreigner Woman Arrested?

Bad JGF... Bad JGF...

:mocking: